Who is using MS Vista already and what do you think about it??
I installed Vista 2 weeks ago (RC-1, build 5600) and I am not quit satisfied.
I have a pretty powerful machine with 4 GB Ram and everything is super slow.
I don’t even want to think installing that on an older machine or my laptop.
Here some problems I discovered:
• Some software is not running yet or with problems
• Vista drivers not yet available for all hardware (e.g. Logitech, Siemens).
• No OPEN GL hardware support in 3d CAD applications
• All web based applications are super slow. E.g. FileMaker remote server access (TCP/IP), Net Remote support (e.g. Netviewer) but also file transfer thru MSN, SKYPE or FTP.
• File transfer via LAN to other XPpro pc’s is slow
• For my taste way too many security double checks (do you really want questions)
On the plus side:
• Installation was super easy and without any problems
• Some nice gadgets
• Nice build in features and software improvements
For me it’s still too early and I am glad I kept my XP installation on another hard drive. I could not do my work without freaking out every 10 minutes.
Please post your experience. Mac guys safe your Microsoft=junk comments. Sometimes we don’t have a choice.