who's actually ENJOYING the snow?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: who's actually ENJOYING the snow?

Bike
    2009 Kawi ZX6R

who's actually ENJOYING the snow?

so went out on a whim last night and decided to make my second trip south on the island in a day...took off at midnight - packed my truck full of ppl and headed to nanaimo to do some 4x4ing around the city. didn't get home until 6am, after spending a night out enjoying the weather that most see as a burden. spent a few hours down at the seawall downtown, and played in the snow in the playground down there - imagine 3 girls and a guy, full grown, frolicking on the swings and slides as it came down at 4am. the groundskeeper was amused and came and joined in on the fun for a bit - granted he was just a spectator he got a few good chuckles out of the escapades we had going down the slide, climbing the ladders and jungle gyms in just under a foot of snow, and more falling on us. anybody else get the chance to get out there and have fun? noticing a lot of snowmen pics, and seeing family's handiworks on the front yards as i drive thru town...and glad to see that not everyone is hatin this weather!
    Good friends will bail you out of jail, BEST friends are the ones sitting in the cell next to you saying, "Dude that was fucking awesome!"

1996 Kawasaki Ninja EX500
    2005 Yamaha R6
    2007 Yamaha TTR230
    2009 Kawasaki ZX6R Monster Energy Edition

doug
    let's see, 2 hours to dig the car out of the driveway to respond to a work call.

fender bender that will set me back $500.

having to finally turn on the furnace.

nope, not diggin the snow at all.

Bike
    DRZ-SM
    I love the snow, can't wait for some more tomorrow!

;D

Becoming Insane Array CorvetteBoy's Avatar
    Bike
    Nagasaki XXRR
    Quote Originally Posted by janesee View Post
    so went out on a whim last night and decided to spend a night out enjoying 3 girls and a guy, full grown, frolicking as it came . the groundskeeper was amused and came and joined in on the fun for a bit - granted he was just a spectator he got a few good chuckles out of the escapades we had going down
    No, this weather is total bullshit. Some of us have things to do and places to go.

Poor J_Scott got his "Wiener Schnitzel Mobile" stuck cruising around Franklin Street.

Bike
    2009 Kawi ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    let's see, 2 hours to dig the car out of the driveway to respond to a work call.

fender bender that will set me back $500.

having to finally turn on the furnace.

nope, not diggin the snow at all.

aww doug - all work and no play makes a dull boy! next time u'll have to join us
    Good friends will bail you out of jail, BEST friends are the ones sitting in the cell next to you saying, "Dude that was fucking awesome!"

2005 Yamaha R6
    2007 Yamaha TTR230

doug
    who you callin dull?

oh wait, nevermind.

doug
    the neighbours did play a funny prank on one of their roommates last nite.

he's been away in montreal for a week, and is not expecting snow. the others decided to shovel a 4 ft drift of snow into the front door, making it look like they were snowed in. so after he gets back they will have to shovel all the snow out again.

and i have the shovel

Bike
    2009 Kawi ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by CorvetteBoy View Post
    No, this weather is total bullshit. Some of us have things to do and places to go.

Poor J_Scott got his "Wiener Schnitzel Mobile" stuck cruising around Franklin Street.

i'm impressed CB you've mastered the skill of 'selective quoting!' i like what you've done with my original post lol.

2005 Yamaha R6
    2007 Yamaha TTR230

Bike
    2009 Kawi ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    the neighbours did play a funny prank on one of their roommates last nite.

he's been away in montreal for a week, and is not expecting snow. the others decided to shovel a 4 ft drift of snow into the front door, making it look like they were snowed in. so after he gets back they will have to shovel all the snow out again.

and i have the shovel

lol that sounds like its gonna be a riot to watch!

2005 Yamaha R6
    2007 Yamaha TTR230

Bike
    Nagasaki XXRR
    Quote Originally Posted by janesee View Post
    i'm impressed CB you've mastered the skill of 'selective quoting!' i like what you've done with my original post lol.
    Yes, well, I tend to read between the lines a lot.

Bike
    '06 ninja500 (RIP Guido)'04 600 RR (RIP Marv) '03 600RR (SOLD) Saving for the next bike-donations accepted
    I hate it. Make it go away.

Bike
    The Mighty One
    You guys are total pansies. Between this and the water I'm disgusted with Vancouver people. I couldn't believe all the goofs at Costco the other day returning cases of bottled water. It'll all be gone in a week and life will move on. Enjoy it because it's really just a novelty for this part of the province.

Bike
    Ninja 1000
    I was a little hesitant about driving my car in the snow but it's TOO MUCH FUN. Rear Wheel Drive is the way to go! Everyone thinks I am some crazy maniac drifting around corners. Nuh uh! This is snow you are SUPPOSED to slide. I love it and I am making the most of it. Viva Snow!

doug
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxstar View Post
    You guys are total pansies.

uh, yeah. right.

i spent 25 years slogging thru this shit back east. our snow plow was a front end loader on an enclosed tractor. -25 was normal. -45 in the cold snaps. 4 to 5 ft of snow was a light winter.

vancouver has no fucking clue what real winters are.

Bike
    Nagasaki XXRR
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxstar View Post
    You guys are total pansies. Between this and the water I'm disgusted with Vancouver people. I couldn't believe all the goofs at Costco the other day returning cases of bottled water. It'll all be gone in a week and life will move on. Enjoy it because it's really just a novelty for this part of the province.
    Listen pal, I drive a fucking Corvette Z06. I can't get the thing out of my driveway. There are no buses where I live. To get around I'm trading foot massages to my girlfriend for use of her vehicle so that I might buy a loaf of bread and some toilet paper. That's not right, do you understand? It's just not right.

In summary: eat my shorts.