BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

R.I.P Frank Becker

2K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  Digi168 
#1 ·
I didn't know Frank that well, but the few times I rode with him or watched him race at Mission were a revelation. Probably the best lines I have seen in 17 years of riding. Frank passed away last week. I think everyone who knew him is going to miss him alot.

#3 ·
R.I.P Frank...

condolonces to his family and friends...

VTwintwin can you please provide more details ? did he pass away in a motorcycle accident ? was he a WMRC member ? I am very bad with names so I don't even know if I know him...got a picture ?

G
#5 ·
Cool guy

Frank was a cool and great guy!

Rode with him a couple of times and he certainly put me in my place when he passed me in the hair pin just before Pemberton like I was standing still.

Like V-Twin Vince said he was a great rider and a good guy, a man`s man.

Was exciting to watch him race at Mission as well.

RIP!

:thumbup

#7 ·
Frank Becker owned, among the ones I've seen, a GSX 1000, BMW K 1200 RS, Honda VTR and a track bike which I think was a 400 Yamaha...not sure on this one. He spent a lot of time at John Valk BMW, and organized weekend rides with a number of other Beemer enthusiasts, and may have taken in some of JV's winter motorcycle tours to warmer climes.

He was reported as being absent from work for quite awhile, and a good friend went by his house to check on him, but he apparently had passed away at home, a number of days earlier. Initial prognosis is a heart attack, autopsy to follow, yet he was under 50 years old, and in great shape.

MY fondest memory was Frank and I slicing and dicing on a Pemberon return trip one day, and then watch him "play" with a new Ducati going through the Britannia twisties, as Frank kept giving the lead to the overbiked squid, then overtake him, and let the squid think he took it away again, etc etc. Great to watch a competent rider shift his weight on a bike just enough to make the corners, without overdoing the squid habit of trying to touch a knee down or look like Joe Track Fool.

A true motorcycle enthusiast, for certain!!!

G
#10 · (Edited)
I knew Frank Becker. He was in my racing class. He was an awesome person. He spent many, many mornings at the Swan, chowing down before a ride. Thank-you Frank for your energy and your postive contribution to our riding world. I will never forget what an incredible rider you were. You will always be remembered among the Westwood group. Your no. 101 will be proudly displayed on my helmet in remembrance of your life.
God Bless You Frank Becker.
Frank is the person in the middle of this picture, he is wearing all black, next to the fella with the red, black, white leathers, wearing the white baseball cap.
If Frank were on this board today, he would probably be telling you all what an awesome rush it is to be on the track. RIP

#12 ·
I never knew Frank, but it sounds as though he was a well liked individual.

RIP Frank

I'd have to agree Julia, although I have not yet been on a track, I believe that I would have nothing but fun.

#13 ·
I recognize Frank from flying busa's picture. I was riding to Squamish on my own one day and ran into a couple riders just before the S2S and ended up riding up with them. Turns out one of them. Chatted a tiny bit in Squamish. He seemed like a very nice guy.

May he RIP.

#18 ·
I met Frank for the first time last June in Calgary, Patrick and him rode up to calgary to watch us race (I was with the Mid-Life crisis guys). It was a miserable weekend, they rode straight through the night, got stuck in a snow storm on the coquihalla, couldn't get through so the had to turn around. That would have stopped most of us, but not Frank and Patrick, they simply went back to hope and took the Hope-Prinston highway instead. Rode straight through the night in the pouring rain and snow .

Frank was a true biker, loved all aspects of biking, he will be missed by all.

Rick

#20 ·
Frank Becker

I learned how to mountain bike with FraNK 8 YEARS ago, switched to road cycling and kinda lost touch with him. Met up with him a year ago at Carter when I was retired from bicycle racing and looking into getting a Blade. Kinda lost touch again, but when I finally got my TL1000R 4 weeks ago , the first thing on my mind was "cool, I can ride with Frank again" This guy was a wicked Mountain biker too, guys, super talented but not crazy, could ride scary stuff but always in conttrol. Tr9ied to track him down through everyone I met through motorbikes in the last month, and finally got a lead this morning. " Isn't that the guty that died a few weeks ago?" Felt like I had been punched in the gut. Not your fault, chrome dome, but now I'm just siitting pissed up at my halloween party and I can only think of scribing something in memory of someone who definetly died too young. Peace up, homes, see ya in the afterlife

#23 ·
R.I.P. Frank. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.