How much did your wisdom teeth cost to get pulled
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much did your wisdom teeth cost to get pulled

Bike
    Black F2, 01 GSXR 600 - Race

How much did your wisdom teeth cost to get pulled

My wisdom teeth are driving me off the wall.

I saw the dentist a couple years back and he said they will be fine, let them grow in. I asked him if by having them grow in would they push my teeth together making them cross one another, I had perfect teeth, straight as can be. Now, the bottom ones are starting to cross, and they HURT, its a pain thats hard to describe. Now the wisdom teeth have to come out, I can't even think straight the force on the bottom row is brining tears to my eyes they hurt so much.

Now when he told me to let them grow in I was under the age of 19 which means they would have been free.. thats what upsets me.. I should have forced the guy with 7-8 years of schooling to pull them.

Just wondering, I know the costs ranges A LOT but how much did it cost you to get your wisdom teeth pulled? and how many did you get yanked, and in what year..

this is to give me an idea since I can't get into the dentist for a few weeks.
    Last edited by UnToldFox; 11-29-2006 at 11:20 PM.
    Lets Jump

doug
    dental plan at work?

Bike
    my work sucks.

no dental. so its going to take a huge chunk of cash.

I'm looking for a new job. I really wish I had dental.
    Lets Jump

Bike
    R1 and Husky
    I got three of them pulled in the summer, the cost was $170 per tooth. I got them taken out because they were starting to rot and it would be big $$ to keep them maintained any longer. Even though I'm older at 36, which makes extraction more difficult, mine were not impacted so it was fairly straight-forward procedure. If you don't need to be put under for the procedure it's a lot cheaper, but i gotta say it's pretty unpleasant. Two of mine came out in one piece but the last one involved cutting the gums, breaking the tooth into pieces and gum stitches which is nasty if you are only under a local. If you do it with general anistetic, it'll cost a lot more. The only good thing about the whole experience is that you get a prescription for some good painkillers.

Bike
    170$ was that with any dental plan?

I've done some research on the net, and mine dont look impacted. they are coming up straight, and have been for quite some time, the right side bottom one is just a little twisted but its up and down, just kind of twisted and thats the one that hurts the most.
    Lets Jump

Bike
    R1 and Husky
    No plan. You can probobly get it done cheaper than that though, it was done downtown for convience.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
    My son had to have his surgically removed. General anesthesia and all that. I think the bill was $700, and I had 50% dental.

Bike
    2004 R1, 2005 DL1000 V-Strom
    You know where I live Curtis. Bring a bottle of Johnny Walker, I'll sterilize the pliers.
    Reformatted to fit your screen.

builder of bikes Array cosworth's Avatar
    Bike
    bah
    Mine cost zero dollars. My dentist pulled all of them at once upon my request in the hospital under general anaesthetic. MSP covered it.

Bike
    DRZ400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Kentor View Post
    You know where I live Curtis. Bring a bottle of Johnny Walker, I'll sterilize the pliers.
    I'll help restrain him for $20 unless we can afford anethesia.

And I know how you feel about no coverage. . . I still have one wisdom tooth left so maybe we can just get a group discount from Kent.
    Portfolio Site:
    TenguArtwork.com

Bike
    2006 GSXR 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Kentor View Post
    you beat me to it
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."

-Mark Twain

Hello BCSB!

Learning the hard way. Array skroonk's Avatar
    Bike
    N/A
    anesthetics - $150
    4 wisdom teeth surgically removed - $680
    The decision to put that money towards a bike and use a rock instead - Priceless.
    WLF
    Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube ~ Hunter S Thompson.
    RideInPeace #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010) ~ First Moto2 Legend.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R6
    when i didnt have dental i went to the UBC school of dentistry. be brave man.

Registered User Array scubaphil's Avatar
    Bike
    99 R6
    wtfff.... i had mine done. All 4 at the same time (Might as well, why pay twice for anesthetics). Each wisdom took 300 + dollars and my bill came out to 1300 dollars. I still remember, I walked in, sat down and they told me to count to ten. I was like "whatever... these anesthetic doesn't work shit"
    I started to count
    "one, two, thrreeeeee zzzzzzzzzzz snooreeeeee"
    work up 15 min. later and i was good to go. my guy was great but he's expensive.
    If jack helped you off a horse would you help jack off a horse??

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

That new bike smell Array mondocycle's Avatar
    Bike
    Multi
    My medical paid for everything but the anesthetic. I only required one taken out but had all four done.
    Whatever you do make sure they knock you out and do all four, even if they have to use a five-knuckle sedative.
    You don't want to be aware when you have them yanked, the pain and discomfort afterwards is enough.
    Log off and ride.
    Acta Virum Probant