Cell phone question

Thread: Cell phone question

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley

Cell phone question

Hey all.
    The GF and I just bought Samsung d807s, and we're trying to upload MP3s to it. My problem lies in that the set-up CD is only programmed for a Windows OS, and we have a Mac with OS X.
    Do any of you guys know how we'd go about getting the music onto the phone? Is there a software patch somewhere, maybe?
    Any and all help will be appreciated.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

does the phone, and your mac, have bluetooth?

if so, you should be able to upload mp3s over bluetooth

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    anyone I can lean against

Just googled your phone. It has a microSD card slot. If you have a microSD card as I do with a different kind of Samsung phone you can transfer tunes to your microSD card through a card reader with your Mac (I'm a Mac user as well). You will need the adapter that allows you to use your microSD in an SD slot (comes with the microSD card).

I will check my phone/card to see the nomenclature for the directory/folder naming structure.

Bluetooth transfers to your phone with mp3s are probably an impossible manouever. A limitation of the phone as it was with mine. Bluetooth isn't programmed for file transfers. Dumb but there it is. So get a microSD memory card if you don't have one. I got mine at London Drugs and it included the adapter that allows you to plug in the microSD into the standard SD slot in your card reader.

Looks like cuski has the answer.
    Last edited by heisenberg; 12-17-2006 at 06:50 AM.

you can do a bluetooth transfer on a razr. you just have to know how. it's been done there, so i don't see why you can't do it on any enabled phone.

K5 GSX-R600
    You're SOL. None of the Samsung phones can be used with iSync, and they don't all support the Bluetooth standard.

Except for the A920, not the d807s AFAIK.

Edit: just read the article comments. Apparently the workaround works for the d807 - not sure if it also works for file transfer though.
    Last edited by cuski; 12-17-2006 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Added more info
    • He who dares not offend, cannot be honest.
    • The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the absence from Jerusalem of a lunatic asylum.

Registered User Array schnitzer's Avatar
    2005 Yamaha R6
    i think you can send files via bluetooth.