no more agaony in my ears when I ride my bicycle

Thread: no more agaony in my ears when I ride my bicycle

User And Abuser Array alternateimpact's Avatar
    2004 CBR 600 F4i

no more agaony in my ears when I ride my bicycle

Its amazing what you put up with as a kid, but dont wanna put up with as an adult. I always had sensitive inner ears to the cold. I used to ride my mountain bikes in -5, in the snow with my inners ears in agony. today I rode my bicycle to the doctors for an appointment (truck is in the shop), and had the same problem as when I was a kid. I got to the doctors office, and the lady at the desk asled if I was alright cause I was in a lot of pain....blah blah. Anyways, riding home I stopped in at Cap's bicycles, and got some ear warmers that attach to the helmet.....same material as my motorcycle bellaclava. 5 bucks, and I have toasty ears while riding now....why the fuck didn't I do something like this when I was a kid?...oh yeah, cause you dont whine about shit when your just put up with it. Fok I am getting old fast but at least I am getting wiser

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    "the Koots"
    a few toys
    I hate the cold ear pain, makes riding in anything other than mild temps a drag. I have a pair of those ear warmers, but find they are too warm for milder temps. Now I wear a thin headband that covers my ears, and that seems to work.
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    I thankfully don't have that pain, but have had similar revelations. It's amazing what you're prepared to change once you get old enough where people's opinion of you matters less.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

North Van
    90 VFR
    When it gets cold enough I wear my snowboarding helmet. It's great because it's got removable ear flaps, vent plugs, and liner so it can be adjusted to suit the conditions.

Happy Camper Array BlackScorpion's Avatar
    Purgasurrey Sportbike: GSX-R750, 2001 F4i, 2002 RM-9, 2003 Derbi SuperMoto Xtreme Posts:1,000,016!!
    GSX-R750, 2001 F4i, 2002 RM-9 Posts:1,000,012!!
    I have a friend that produces an abnormal amount of ear wax in response to cold air. He used to ride his bike everywhere in all kinds of weather.

In the winter, when we'd hang out, he would show up with earwax literally dripping from his earlobes and onto his shoulders. Disgusting.
    Team Troll
    "Happy New Ear!" - Mike Tyson.