BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Global warming means I am still riding!

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  westvan_dude 
G
#1 ·
Man, what an amazing day we had yesterday in Montreal, QC.

I went and picked up the BMW Rockster from the dealer yesterday and went for a nice little ride around town.

We had beautiful sunshine and a high of 6C.
I now officially set a new personal end of season riding record for Eastern Canada, Dec.21/2006.

It was so funny to see all these people in the streets and cagers looking at me with weird looks on their faces, I think they are as shocked as I am with this unbelieveable weather we have been having.

Woohoo Global Warming!

Merry Christmas to all!

:cheers

#2 ·
So when the polar ice caps melt and Richmond is underwater, who will we be able to blame for all of the bad driving in Vancouver?

#4 ·
You know what would be funny: if due to global warming the temperature would rise to the point where more and more moister would evaporate into the atmosphere causing more and more of a cloud cover, and thus raising the earth’s albiedo (reflective capabilities) causing more of the sun’s light energy to be reflected into space and in the end gradually lowering the earth’s core temperature to the point where it would jump start the earth’s progression out of the ‘glacier receding’ period we are in now (Milenkovitch cycle) (I don’t know if that’s spelled right) and the end result being (in a few hundred years): another ice age…..

Wouldn’t that be ironic?

#13 ·
haha.. global warming or not.. montreal has the WORST POS roads of any city in canadal.. i can't fuken believe how many potholes and road hazards there are out here. that does not include all the retard drivers in a rusted out piece of shxt ford focus that drive 10ft behind you at 100km/h in the right lane when they could easily pass on the left.

no wonder why quebec has more motorcycle fatalaties per year than the rest of canada combined.

#15 ·
Yeah but grouping a race of people together does not make it racist. We all know that a majority of East Indians live in Surry…It’s like saying tones of Chinese live in China Town. I suppose if I said that relatively speaking there is an above average percentage of East Indian cab drivers you’d say that I was a racist? How the fuck is that a stereo type? It is a fucking fact! Get a grip ya losers.

#16 ·
Now the bad driving remark however...well there are many bad drivers of all races in this diverse city...so I would have to say that perhaps it was a bit tastless--but come on people let's take a joke, I don't think it was meant to be vindictive ....

#17 ·
Last post you're calling us losers, for standing up against racism. Now this post you're back pedaling claiming jokes. We are not trying to argue, we are just saying stop.

Racism is never a joke.

Now if you think that makes us losers, more power to you. But keep you're uneducated opinion to yourself.

#18 · (Edited)
Easy does it pal…I was trying to sort through it myself. I disagree that illustrating the FACT there are a lot of East Indians living in Surry is in fact racist. However, perhaps saying that they are all bad drivers is too much of a generalization. However, it can be taken many ways (fun loving or otherwise). I don’t think it was meant vindictively. The fact that you are insecure and have other personal problems that shape your opinion is no reason to say mine is uneducated.

I’ll tell ya what, maybe you need to deal with your personal issues first and then post up in threads like this where open-mindedness is somewhat required, because you are clearly not open minded at all. And it is because of misinterpretations like you (and perhaps some others) are making that blows this racist thing way outa proportion. So just cool your jets buddy.

PS: And you can take your “stop hatin” slogan down from your profile man…it is a dead give-away that you are high strung to start with.

#23 ·
Im going to say that everyone from Washington drives like shit, some ppl should be just shot in the middle of and intersection just to set an example!

G
#24 ·
Merry Xmas!

haha.. global warming or not.. montreal has the WORST POS roads of any city in canadal.. i can't fuken believe how many potholes and road hazards there are out here. that does not include all the retard drivers in a rusted out piece of shxt ford focus that drive 10ft behind you at 100km/h in the right lane when they could easily pass on the left.

no wonder why quebec has more motorcycle fatalaties per year than the rest of canada combined.
I agree with you that Montreal does have the worst roads and the worst drivers in cages. But that just makes us bikers here all the better riders,
we are very good at riding defensively. How do you think I managed to survive so far on my bike without any accidents.

By the way, I lived in Vancouver for three years and the cagers there are just as bad as those in Montreal.

Anyways, I started this thread to share my joy of riding in December. Which is unheard of here in Quebec. So please let's all get along and have a great Christmas and Happy New Year! :surrender

Can't wait until next spring comes for another season of riding!

Cheers!

:coffee

#25 · (Edited)
Racism and stereotypes.... all I can say is most stereotypes are based, if somewhat loosely, on historical facts. Does this make them true? Not for everyone, but probably a good percentage.

Sort of like men are better at parallel parking than women. LOL

Seriously though, go watch Al Gore's movie "inconvenient truth" and the other good one "who killed the electric car?" if you want info on global warming and impending doom.... or you simply want to get pissed off at the corporations and gov't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.