BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

No Ridin' 2 months

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  mellorian 
#1 ·
Holy Crap! I haven't been on the bike for two months (Vacation and Weather) do you guys know that these bikes are dangerous? I felt like I was a frickin' target after driving the cage for so long.

P.S. where does the balance go to? (Riding skills? What skills?)

#2 ·
At the start of every season, I take the first couple weeks like I'm a beginner all over again. I ride WAY slower, give way more distance, and take far less chances than later in the riding season.
So far, no crashes, and I'm alive! :)

#13 ·
Hey Ian!!

Met you on a ride to Harrison awhile back. Those skills are still there- your just smart enough to know what can happen so things get sketchy again with time off- LOL.

Ive put 'Demon' away but she is still insured, dont know why there is no way I am riding in this. Once I was as Shiftgear is and rode 12 months year after year- doesnt take long for the salt, sand and grit to take its toll (the bike didnt do so good either).

If your ride is still insured maybe we should hook up for a short dig just to check things out. I will probably take the insurance off for about 3 months anyways and buy something in carbon fibre to add to her in teh spring. Kinda like a season 2 gift or something.

See ya around mate

#14 ·
There's always an onslought of accidents in the first couple weeks or maybe even months of the riding season. Take the time to get your skills back and keep the bike rubber side down!

#15 ·
If your ride is still insured maybe we should hook up for a short dig just to check things out. I will probably take the insurance off for about 3 months anyways and buy something in carbon fibre to add to her in teh spring. Kinda like a season 2 gift or something.

See ya around mate[/QUOTE]

Yep it's insured year round, I just wanted to share the feeling after being off it for two months, I felt like a newby; lets keep an eye out for the weather to improve and I am in for a ride, you don't need to spend more $ to make your ride look good you are just going to show me up?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.