I have been participating in quite a large number of group rides and found the social aspect of it quite pleasant
however, until recently, I couldn't quite put my finger on why I don't like to lead... but I have finally figured it out...
My top six reasons on why I don't like to lead
6. getting lost and making the group practice U-Turns (Bluenote)
5. leading what you thought was a medium pace group to have everyone zip by you and disappear off into the sunset (not naming names here )
4. Losing your group (twice, Joe, due to maidens in distress),
3. Having bikers that have bald tires follow you and overshoot a stop light (Marty)
2. Arranging a group ride and be very late (Martina)
and finally my top reason...
1. whipped by an ex-wife with her backseat driving that it is now an ingrained training to simply follow
Feel free to add your thoughts on why you do or don't like to lead..