BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

New helmet...need help.

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Squire 
#1 ·
OK....I went and bought a new helmet (thanks for the screaming good deal Kelowna Yamaha), but I need help. How do you get the price sticker off and all the goo too? ...With out destroying the glossy finish of the helmet?
One more question for those using Icon helmets.... Which visor colour do you find the best for full sun summer riding?
Thanks, Gord.

#2 ·
depends on the sticker. the paper ones peel off as much as you can, sometimes a hairdryer helps soften the glue, then try wd40, paint thinner,or laquer thinner as the last resort. then polish it up with a good auto wax.

you really dont want to put anthing on the helmet that will damage or break down the helmet material.

theres a product called glue be gone or something like that at crappy tire. havent tried it , since i have had sucsess with the above.

#5 ·
Well problem solved. Thanks for all the input,but none of your solutions worked.
I ended up using a little can of eye glass cleaner. "See-Spray" by Amway(really weird) worked instantly. Because it is made for polycarbinate glasses it didn't hurt the finish of the glossy helmet at all...one spray, two wipes with a paper towel and it was gone...all traces of the horrible sticker goo. Cool.

Thanks again, Gord.

#8 ·
I have the Chrome visor on my Icon Mainframe.

Super sweet , great for the sun, not too dark if you get caught out after the sun goes down in the city ..... Tooo dark for midnight riding w/headlights comin at ya

#9 ·
Glad to hear you got it off. As for visors, I just went with a dark smoke for my Shoei.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.