Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will a sportbike fit in a...

Not wearing pants. Array klutch's Avatar
    Watching as you shower
    Schwinn with tassles

Will a sportbike fit in a...

Dodge Caravan?

Absurd question, I know...

I'm back in Vancouver for school, left my bike in a friends' garage in Calgary for storage while I was in Europe for the fall. I want to get it back, and its way too cold to ride it back through the Rockies. I figure I'll rent a vehicle within the next two weeks to bring it back home, and had originally planned to rent a truck. Gas for the 1000km trip won't be cheap with a big Ford or GM, so I clued into the fact that maybe a Caravan with the stow 'n go seating (seats fold into the floor) would accommodate an R6. Without it here, I can't take any measurements to see if it'll fit - does anyone know what cars that a rental place will have, that will hold a sportbike?

2. Remove Advertisements

hannspree replica double R
    No way in hell will it fit, unless its on its side. Just ask to rent a cargo van and make sure you ask for unlimited km's, i know Avis does unlimited km's on some cars.
    "I used to be scared to fart in case I shit myself. But once you get comfortable shitting your pants everything changes." - Slowzuki

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Didn't someone ask this a few weeks ago? Short answer .... ermm - no
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

Big Stick
    dude just rent a truck! Even if it can fit in a van how are you going to secure it down propely?

big fat R1 Array
    Grand Forks,BC
    2003 Yamaha YZF R1
    i know for a fact that a 2003 r1 will fit in a ford aerostar.
    B is the new C

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    lower mainland
    if you rent a cargo truck then you can tie it down and put other stuff in there as well
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

ya It will fit...Ive seen one in a dodge caravan at mission...took a pic too...ill see if i can find it......

North Vancouver
    2004 Suzuki SV 650
    I have seen the caravan with a bike inside at the bike shop as well.

Port Moody
    1967 MGB Roadster
    The rear opening of my 2005 Caravan is 39" high, by 50" wide. My FZ6 is 45" to the handlebars, so depending on what bike you're thinking of loading, I think you'd be out of luck. You could, however, remove the wheels, if that is a realistic option. Wouldn't work with my FZ6 because the pipes are the lowest point and I wouldn't transport it like that. On its side it would fit.

And by the way, with a regular Caravan (not sto-n-go), you can remove all the seats and leave them at home. Great for hauling drywall and plywood.
    Why make the same old mistakes, when there are so many new ones to make?

Newbie Poser Squid Array bafflebrain's Avatar
    here and there
    bad, m'kay?
    Any Chevy Astro/GMC Safari can fit a sportbike without having to remove anything. Even two if you really want to.

You may be able fit your R6 into a Caravan is you remove the windscreen and possibly deflating the tires.

Your best best is to put it on a pallet and ship the darn thing.
    "It's not my fault your slow!"

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.
    You've probably considered this but ...is your car strong enough to haul a smaller 'U-Haul' trailer? That would be my first choice all-round.
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.

Honda 599
    I once saw somebody fit an RM125 (dirt bike) in one, mostly on its side though.

MM1117RF Array
    1994 RF900R
    I did some long distance moving before for major compagnies like United Van lines, Atlas, ect...Used to add boats, bikes, cars at the rear of the trailer. Call these compagnies and ask when's next time there's a load heading to Vancouver and if there's room for your bike. They're already going this way so it's easy for them to add your stuff for cheap. You can also insure it.

They will pick it up at you're friend's place and "drop" it to your door !
    Don't have to go to Calgary ! Do the paperwork here.

Hope this can help....

Quote Originally Posted by bafflebrain View Post
    Any Chevy Astro/GMC Safari can fit a sportbike without having to remove anything.

Your best best is to put it on a pallet and ship the darn thing.

Yes to both.
    This guy's good.
    one of these days i'm gonna change my evil ways, till then i'll just keep ridin' on.

Registered User Array scubaphil's Avatar
    99 R6
    hey klutch R,... didn't know you used the same name on R6messagenet..
    anyway, based on what you saw on the pic.. i'm sure your question has been answered.
    If jack helped you off a horse would you help jack off a horse??

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.