First off let me just say that I like the idea of getting hundreds (or thousands) of sport bike riders together for a days event/ride.
An event like this however requires a lot of time and money to get going correctly. This is the primary reason why such events are rare but they’re not impossible!
I’ve read the posts here and looked a little on this site and some things stood out that I would like to address.
Firstly: Has anyone taken the helm and appointed themselves as the primary point of contact or the organizer of this event? If so, can I get their contact info?
Now, some of the concerns I have are as follows:
• Money? Who will pay for all the up front expenses? There will be expenses…
• Crowd control? Who will coordinate the volunteers?
• Registration to the event so we can see how large the group will be as to plan accordingly?
• Is the Admin of this group willing to start a Forum section to have a designated starting point for this project?
• Donations are great but who will personally take that responsibility into their own hands? And how can the group be sure that the funds collected get to the cause?
• The police will require a lot of information so as to make the event safe for everyone (That’s their job). Who is up to dealing with them?
• Where can everyone join up to have the space they require to enjoy their day as they see fit? Some stunt, some race, some just want to be poser and others just watch… They all need the freedom to enjoy this day..
• Ambulance.. Someone will get hurt, what’s the protocol for that?
• FOOD! GAS! MAPS!
• No rules have been mentioned as of yet, so here are a few:
1. All motorcycles must be street legal and have up to date paperwork
2. No drugs or alcohol before or during the event
3. Stunts can only be performed in designated areas
4. New riders need to be tagged as such and experience riders need to help them
5. If you witness an accident call: 1-234-567-8901
6. Blah, Blah, Blah… You get the point
By making sure that everyone agrees to these rules (or actual rules during registration) of conduct we can therefore enforce it and create a fun atmosphere for all.
I’m not in any way shape or form trying to slow down or create obstacles for this ride/event to take place. What I’m trying to do is get this ball rolling in the right direction.
So, having opened the doors to this Pandora I’m also saying this:
I’m willing to offer any help needed in any way shape or form to get this project off the ground correctly. All I require is contact information to the person who is taking care of this project or I will appoint myself as such.
Any and all feedback will be great!