Stupid question: Do you wave at other cars?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stupid question: Do you wave at other cars?

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis

Stupid question: Do you wave at other cars?

The topic of waving at other motorcyclists has been discussed a number of times...you wave at other bikers because of the motorcyclist camaraderie, and because they are partaking in the same activity that sort puts you at the 'fringe of society'.

Now how many of you wave at other drivers that have the same car as you? Yeah, yeah...it sounds stupid, but I'm only really asking those of you that have a rare or unique car with a particularly strong following...which would again put drivers of this car into a rare goup of motorists. I'm sure you don't wave at everyone with the same Civic.

I drive a Subaru SVX. It's not an exotic car or anything...but it is certainly unique, as I only see one maybe every few months or so. A few weeks ago I was stuck in traffic, and I saw a green SVX to my right at the gas station, and another green one to my left right beside me. It was so cool! Like planets aligning...and we all waved at each other. This probably happens about 80% of the time that I see another SVX on the road...the drivers always wave at me, or give the thumbs up, or something, and I return the favor.

So does ANYONE else do this? Is this an SVX specific phenomenon?

Cosworth...do you wave at other Merkur drivers? Anyone else have cool/unique cars? Maybe Corvette guys also do this? Porsche guys? I don't know...
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Vertigo
    i do this. i think its common amongst rare car ppl.

Bike
    k7 gsxr 600
    I used to drive an ITR.

Tried waving to the other ITR drivers for MONTHS. Well, a whole summers worth and probably got 5 waves back in total.

I recieved almost countless looks though.

Thought it might catch on sooner or later but...

Oh well.
    BCSB- Moderator

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Dalton...they probably thought you were looking to get some 'action'. I'm dumb...what's an ITR?

Vertigo...fess up, what do you drive?
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Bike
    2K9 ZX-6R
    Yeah, come on, what cars do you drive???

When I had my Corvette, I used to get waves with other Vette drivers. Or we'd do a cat and mouse thing if we were going in the same direction.
    Your Anguish Sustains Me

ExPostWhoreTurnedLurker Array MavERICk's Avatar
    Bike
    maybe, just maybe, a zx-7
    i don't have a car no more...
    R1 to rule them all, R1 to find them
    R1 to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them...

glowing ghostie! Array gordopolis's Avatar
    Bike
    I have kids
    I only wave with my middle finger, and only to those special few who deserve it eg. people who cut me off

Bike
    McKinley 12-Speed
    Oh yes, there is a Toyota Tercel camaraderie thang goin' on but ask any owner and they will deny it! !
    Shhhhhh!
    It's supposed to be a secret

Here's our '92 Tercel LE.
    She turns heads buddy!

Bike
    k7 gsxr 600
    Integra Type-R

Pre riced with a spoiler and front chin. Front tower bar, stiffer suspension, slightly lowered stance, port polished, different header, more aggressive cams, bigger ITM, bigger TB, thicker anti roll bars front and back, different tires, five bolt rims, bigger brakes, spot welded for stiffness, no rear wiper, no a/c, no sound deadening material, special black (suede like, not sure what they actually call it) interior with red stitching, different steering wheel, available only in Championship white (from F1) at the time. (Then they introduced Yellow to NA and Black but only to the states).

Sweet little honda that put out 84.9 horse power with 12ft/lbs of torque. j/k

Originally posted by Harps
    Dalton...they probably thought you were looking to get some 'action'. I'm dumb...what's an ITR?

BCSB- Moderator

KO7
    I drive a riced-out civic (please forgive me). Instead of waves, most of the time the owners give dirty looks to each other. sigh

Bike
    sumfing nekkid
    I do not wave at cars when I am in a car.....but....

I will wave at a car (thank-you style) if they give way to me. For instance, if I'm coming up to an intersection and I can tell the car is holding up for me, I'll wave. There are other reasons why I would wave and countless more that I would flip the finger .

All in all, why would I want to wave at another beat up 85 Golf:P ?
    Ride in peace my friends...

Being a road crayon sucks....put your gear between you and the pavement.

WTD: Hot girls with low morals. Own transportation a plus. Sufferers of yellow fever considered first. PM/email me for details.

Vertigo
    Originally posted by Harps

95 240. only about 30,000 ever sold in north america in all 4 years total. only about 25% are 5spd. alas, its slowly being de-modded, but a new, even rarer toy will be coming in a couple months....

Bike
    2000 R6 RaceBike..
    i often wave at other cars from my truck but it looks more like this and accompanied by extreme profanity usually
    Life is like a beautiful woman, you just thinks its a bitch cuz it wont give you any.

Bike
    Ktm 1190,ThruxtonR 1200'Drz4
    I only wave at other 96 awd Safaries.

Angel Girl
    Hey, I drive a little black '95 Geo Metro and when I see another black one, I honk, wave, point at their car and give them the thumbs up and act like I'm so totally excited, they just look at me like I've lost it!! Whateva!! It'a hilarious!! Love the reactions!
    I'm glad I'm not the only wierd one here!!!