I need help yet again

Thread: I need help yet again

The Philosopher King Array Frapps's Avatar
    North Vancouver
    83 RG250 Gamma//95Kawi ZX6

I need help yet again

Okay new problem; after being forced to cut out my old bearing race (using a dermal tool…pics to be posted) out of the neck of my frame everything was actually looking up. I sunk the new race and set the new top and lower bearings. I then went to bolt my upper and lower trees together and was horrified to find that my new stem was just under an inch shorter than the original stem. So sick to my stomach that I could have made such a rookie and obvious over sight, I am now stuck on trying o find a solution… this is where I open the floor to you all to help me find solution cause now I am fucked and need some serious guidance. I thought about using an angle grinder on the frame neck to shorten the distance but I was told this wouldn’t work…I am just not sure why...any thoughts
    G.B. Shaw: We are made wise not by the recollection of our past but by the responsibility for our future
    Miguel Ruiz: Death is not the biggest fear we have our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive and express what we really are

2. Remove Advertisements

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    3rd rock from the sun. po co.
    bunch "o" bikes
    No No NO! do not grind the bike!!! bad!....now it gets technical but i think I could help...measure the diameter of the old stem that ft...same size...great! then push it out of the lower tree and push out the too short one then put your old one in the new tree and everything should be fine!!! except make sure that the steering stops will work..if not I have a plan hahahaha...

Post up or pm me your number.....
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!