BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

pics from afterschool riding...

2K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  tab 
#1 ·
we take the kids riding after school up to eagle ridge as much as possible to keep them fresh for the riding season...a tad cold today and some ice..but there kids they could care less..besides it helps them sleep :evilgrin

j

#6 ·
training wheels(yes they big ones for the early yrs.)...startem early.the hondas have a throttle stop that basically you can adjust so the bike wont move if needed.hoping to get a few more munchkins out there this yr.my daughter loves to ride with other kids and show them around.the son thinks he can always ride with the big boys :) .problem is i think this yr the only limit he will have is the bike.

#7 ·
give him a pocket dirt bike, no clutch etc to get the hang of an engine.

IE: my picture...

#8 ·
You guys are the coolest dads EVER. My dad taught me golf.

#15 ·
I'll be getting my kid onto a snowboard as soon as he or she is old enough to stand.... next will come a dirt bike :rockon

#20 ·
well they have sacrificed alot to have bikes and the riding time,they choose what they do.(no soccer,hockey etc..)Courtney my youngest took her 50 to school and did a speech to the class about it,how to start it(yes they allowed it outside) and what gear does and what you need.she even talked trail etiquite.

kids are amazing,my son used the clutch and shift the gears the first day he road it.the key to letting kids ride is to put every piece of gear on them that will protect them.You scare them the first time, there done!

you have to let them deal with the issues as well,picking bike up after crashing and such.if you dont they will expect it all the time and never learn.

take the time to teach them every aspect of it from loading,to cleaning,safety and what each part does(throttle clutch etc..)

use hand signals while there learning they understand it easily.

my only bief with quads is i see way to many kids with n helmets on them and on there parents as well.we have a hard enough time keeping riding areas and if things like what happened at stokes pit keep happening were really screwed.

just wish we could get more kids riding.teaching is just as fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.