bags for 'small' sport bikes

Thread: bags for 'small' sport bikes

Sun Rider

Question bags for 'small' sport bikes

My bike has no place to carrry anything, so I'm wondering about getting a tank or rear seat (if you can call it that!) bag. Anybody else have one that doesn't look too dorky? I'm getting tired of riding around with a pack all the time, and next season I'd like to commute to work and take my work clothes with me on my bike, not my back!

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Lower Mainland
    Carol, I toured extensively on a Hawk, saddle bags, tail pack and tank bag. Wasn't pretty, but it can be done. The saddle bags were Chase-Harper, and they fit quite fine. The tail pack is Wolf and it worked great. That is a great bike, wish I'd never sold mine. Hope you are enjoying the nimble handling.

Ringgdingdingdingdingding Array Bean's Avatar
    Near D/T Calgary (Bankview)
    Blue '89 RZ350 (street)
    I have a regular size Joe Rocket tank bag, you can remove the top part and have just a small tank bag. I don't find it too big but I guess it looks a bit like a camel though. It stays on fine, it was about $75. Both halves have a clear map pocket, and reflective zipper tags, and the side J R logo's are reflective too. The large part has built in backpack straps, and comes with other shoulder straps as well.

Have a look ---->
    R.I.P Bog and Julia. R.I.P. Cody

First Gen BCSB'er #549 -- Was WMRC #761 2005 -- If you have a bike, RIDE IT! If not, stay home. -- Do not click here ------> Click here

Sun Rider
    thanks, folks! I'll check your ideas out.... and yes, Debbie, I really enjoy the nimble handling Fun Fun Fun!

Purevil is soooooo dreamy Array Flyin''s Avatar
    00 Ninja, 02 F4i, 99 R6 Race, 04 R6 Race... nuthin. :(
    I used to have a little Ninja 250, and my single compartment Teknic tank bag fit nicley on the tiny tank.

It had three clips that held it on, and a foamy anti-scratch pad on the bottom. It even had a zipper underneath that makes me believe it could zip onto another style of bag to bake a big one.

Up sizing is always good
    Last edited by Flyin'; 11-06-2002 at 08:31 PM.
    Big Jim "There's really no excuse for you being a fucking wanker either, but you still carry on."
    Big Jim "STFU YFI"