BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

How much will you give for Stun'n

4K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  jacky 
#1 ·
I don't know about you, but I'm really getting tired of getting kicked out of riding spot after riding spot. this shit never ends. It's funny that people love to come out and watch the stuff but nobody is willing to help the cause. Maybe we just never asked.

I believe there is a way to lock in our own riding spot here in the lower mainland, but it would take time and money.

If someone was motivated to put something together I think there is a simple formula to getting it going.

All the guys and gals would need to come together and raise some money for a practice insurance policy. This could range from $1000 to $2000. Find a property owner that would be willing to rent, lease, or preferably donate their slab of pavement. Introduce that property owner to the policy you carry and away you go. Of course this would take the right someone who was willing to stick handle the whole thing and oversee the location so it didn't get out of hand.

I think the biggest stumbling block is finding the right property owner who is willing to enter into this type of agreement.

We all know how people like to come out to watch the Stunt Riding. It could turn into a bit of a revenue generator.

As much as I would love to push for something like this, my plate is overfowing with things I need to be doing, matter of fact I should be doing those things right now.

See ya...

See less See more
#2 ·
i can contact property managers and set up the insurance/logistics end of things.. i'll also pitch in some cash of course.

who is all willing to pitch money in? everyone start scouting for spots too.. let me know if you find anything and please try to find out the name of the property owner or company name situated there

gonna do some brainstorming i will have more ideas later

#3 ·
Yes we do get kicked out and yes you (since I won't be here :( ) need a permanent spot to which you can come and not worry about being kicked out. But at the same time you should look at the reasons why we get kicked out. We ride during the day while people are still working. We try not to but still once in a while burn our tires, leaving marks and creating so much noise that it's hard not to notice that something is going on. I think that the key to riding anywhere is respect for the place and understanding what will get you heated out and kicked out. Looking for a spot where you can ride all the time will be hard, considering that everyone has a different opinion of where it should be and who'll take that responsibility on themselves. I think the slogan "I just want to ride" is appropriate here.

#10 ·
im in, just let me know what you need me to do. we need to get a good spot and shut it down! even if that means that people cant come watch like they do now... I just wanna ride :D

If you guys get plates on your bikes I can show you some cool spots for busting 0's, and you just jump spots when you get kicked, just like sk8boarding in the city before they capped all the rails.

G
#11 ·
it won't fly.

vancouver is the no fun zone. doesn't matter what it is, someone will hate it enough to want it shut down. the not in my back yard attitude prevails. despite your desire to have insurance, liability stigma will still be a major block.

we had a hard time finding a legit place to do pocketbikes. gave up. skate boarders and bmx are only welcome in small areas. jet skis are frowned upon, even in english bay. the granola eating tree hugging hippies were a significant factor in indycar leaving. yeah, the area is being made into condos, but the tree huggers hated not being able to get a latte from the corner starfucks for 3 days while indy poured millions into the local economy. we can't get more marina space built. the whiners make a big stink about having boats moored in false creek, but there are no more areas to moor boats. we could be a world class harbour with better boating facilities, but there are roadblocks against it. assholes are even saying the time has come to get rid of the fireworks. last year was the first time in years i had gone, and the first ever from the water. i hope to repeat it this year, with more boats.

you face a very steep uphill battle to get anywhere with this. if it was any city other than vancouver, you'd probably have city funding....

#15 ·
it won't fly.

vancouver is the no fun zone. doesn't matter what it is, someone will hate it enough to want it shut down. the not in my back yard attitude prevails. despite your desire to have insurance, liability stigma will still be a major block.
I hear that!! Truly too bad we are such a No Fun City. I am true believer in "Where there is a will" mentality. So, it is worth a try.

1dn5up said:
dose it have to be in the city u guys ever try out of city limits type of thing I know there used to be a go kart thing in the parking lot at trade X
I think the abbotsford option may be a good way to go, or maybe the only way to go. We have been dealing with the Tradex guys for some of the Supermoto stuff and they are great to work with. Too bad the distance is so far.

#19 ·
Gaston,

You might not even need to come up with money for this. I was told by a few law enforcement officers that if you filled a petition with enough names and sigs on it, you could have a spot on certain days of the week and at certain times if you are approved by city hall to do so. Of course waivers would need to be signed by all participants saying you wont sue the city if you sustain injuries from an accident, but with enough signatures and interest i was told it could be done. If you can get media involved to bring more support and attention that would be beneficial. Give it a shot.

#24 ·
Once the Stunt driving facility at the Pitt Meadows airport is finished (projected completion date is now June 2007), then there will be an area for stunt driving, drifting and motorcycle stunting.

Yes I know it was supposed to be finished by October 2006 but in February 2007) I heard that June (2007) looks like the current completion date (fingers crossed).

If someone else knows more about this or can tell me I am wrong, please reply to this post. I don't want to get my hopes up again only to hear "there has been another delay".

Cheers,

Nash

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.