Black Snake Moan

Thread: Black Snake Moan

Doesn't register Array Mutate Now!'s Avatar
    "Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”
    It runs...

Black Snake Moan

Black Snake Moan on IMDB here. (Click)
    Official Site (Click)

Haha. Given the poster and marketing (lack thereof, really), I wasn't expecting a whole lot when I entered the theatre for a preview screening last night. I was ready to experience a cheap deep South exploitation flick with a little horror thrown in (i.e. Gator Bait, Cabin Fever, Wrong Turn, Devils Rejects etc.).

As it turns out, it was a fascinating study on self worth and relationships. A deep movie about finding/losing love, god, and family.

Amazing Blues/Soul music as well. There is one scene in the movie with Samuel L. Jackson on his guitar, playing a song with the same name as the movie title. It gave me freaking goosebumps... You feel them. You smell them. You live them.

Whoever did the marketing for this one messed up. I think too many people are going to get the wrong impression of this movie for the wrong reasons. Some will go because of them, but many will avoid the movie because of them.

If you are into the blues, watching Samuel Jackson play a character with amazing depth, and Christina Ricci in a role that makes Courtney Love look like a Saint, then check this thing out!

Last edited by Mutate Now!; 02-22-2007 at 07:20 PM.

This post is simply the opinion of the poster and is not to be construed as instructions or advice. Your mileage may vary.
    I rode Deal's Gap / The Dragon in September 2007 and I visited Yellowstone in August 2010. Where have you been?

Your moms room
    2002 CBR F4i Gloss/Flat Black
    is it really like that...

i thought it was going to be like a comedy/drama of the south lol.
    i was going to see it becuase it looked kind of funny lol.

i guess ill still go see it lol.
    My Gallery
    "why is the worlds intelligents declineing?"

contradiction incarnate Array slam's Avatar
    really sounds worth checking out.

nobody gets out alive