Well a couple of days a go i purchased some extended frame sliders from Freestyle Ingenuity and as i was installing them i thought it would be cool to post a how-to, so i did a search and found nothing. I know they are easy to install but ppl still ask questions.
This was my first time doing it and it was very easy, so here it goes:
Tools: (some bikes may use different tools)
Screw driver set
(race/paddock stands help a lot)
1. Here is a nice new faring with no hole
2. Using a tri-pod secure the laser pointer, i dont have a tri-pod so i just used my imagination. (stop laughing it worked)
3. Remove the faring and adjust the laser pointer to the exact center where the frame slider will mount (see the red spot?). Use a piece of tape to hold down the ON button on the laser pointer and leave it ON.
4. Put the faring back on the bike and mark the spot.
5. Use a small drill bit to drill a guiding point for the BIG HOLE MAKER <thats the technical term.
6. Now you have perfect, round hole.
7. Mount your frame slider.