Paper R1 Model

Thread: Paper R1 Model

2. Remove Advertisements

license to chill Array frontside5's Avatar
    R6, F4 stunter
    Individual pistons!? Wow. Since I'm at a certain stage in my life where I have a lot of time (i.e. quit my last job) believe it or not I'm going to try putting this thing together. For anyone else crazy enough, the index page has assembly pictograph links at the bottom.

edit: here's a link with other yami models:

Big Stick
    i posted this about a year or so ago.......

I still havent made it yet.

controlled insanity Array WCRSX's Avatar
    CBR 929 RR
    Any other models/makes?

White Rock
    Ninja 1000
    wow. 14 pages of printing, cutting, and dedication. This would take all day to build... then once it is done here comes kitty to play with his new toy.

Any finished pictures?

Waiting for the sun Array rivan's Avatar
    Lower Mainland
    Gee Ess Ex Are
    That's quite would be very impressive to see someone put on together......Good luck frontside5
    If sunflower oil comes from sunflowers and olive oil comes from olives.....then where does baby oil come from?

I put the FU in FUN :flip

North Vancouver
    Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Sell in on ebay to some sucker.
    Current:Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Previous:69 Triumph 500, 71 BSA lightning, 73 Triumph Trident, Yamaha DT125, 85 Honda Nighthawk, 88 Harley Sportster, CB 900...hmm I think thats it

Stay OUT of my helicopter Array whirlygirl's Avatar
    2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2002 SV650S
    Way cool! I, too, have a lot of time on my hands, sitting up in northern Alberta watching the snow fly, while the daffodils bloom back home... Maybe I'll give it a shot... Think you just use regular paper or what? (My Japanese is a little rusty... )

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    I think I'll just stick to plastic display models instead.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Buy some of the light card stock that you'd use if you were printing wedding invitations on your computer. It's about the same thickness as cheap business cards.

Use lots of different diameters of wires or screwdriver blades to curl the cut out pieces around to form the paper smoothly.

And a bucket full of tranqualizers will help a lot.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Registered User Array
    04 Kawi ZRX 1200R
    I made one of these. The concentration and focus necessary to sit there for untold hours cutting the pieces out is crazy - I used an extra-fine blade thumb Olfa. Then you have to fold, not sure if you can picture how carefully all those tabs need to be creased in order to maintain a quality edge to the model pieces. Gluing is the final stage, basically you need surgeon's hands and glue application on a microscopic level.

At least if you fuck up (and you will) you can just print out the same page again and redo a piece. Cutting it very tricky, I used normal weight paper sitting on a soft logbook, it was about the best possible method but you overcut very easily when your view is obstructed by your fingers.

Papercraft is fun but I was doing all this at work - it would be madness to spend those hours of your own time doing this shit.

Oh, and I did the V-Max not this one - not sure which one would be worse. (There is a whole garage complete with tool-box and individual tools of course as wel)