Brake Bleeding

Thread: Brake Bleeding

2006 FIREBLADE 1000

Thumbs up Brake Bleeding

I just Finished Installing GALFER Steel Braided Brake Lines on the Front and rear of The CBR , I was Haveing a Few Problem's Getting them to Bleed Especially the Front's , So I bought one of These MIGHTY VAC'S from Lordco
    $45.00 out the Door , It Came With A Whole Lot of Attchments for doing a Variety of Job's . Brake Bleeding / Hyd Clutch Bleeeding / Vacuum Testing ETC. I Just Hooked It up to the Caliper Bleeders , Pumped up the Gauge to 25 PSI, And It Drew out all of The Air in An Instant , Really cool tool for thoes of You who Like to Do There own Bike and Car / Truck Work, I Am in the Middle of a Brake Job on My 4x4 as well and Used it to Bleed out the Brake System.
    Here are a Couple of Pictures.
    Last edited by Machinist; 04-02-2007 at 09:31 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Best way to bleed brakes when you have to remove large volumes of air.

But the tried and true method of pumping the lever works fine in a normal brake bleed with just a little air.

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    my front room
    somethin somethin somethin
    i used one of those only industrial sized when i changed all the calipers on my car. very fast and easy and efficient.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

In hell
    Big and slow
    I have one as well. Yup for large amounts of air it was great but in the end to finish it off I went with the tried and true.
    Flowbie- Mellowing with age...

Stolen from Atom:
    Being a road crayon sucks....put your gear between you and the pavement.

Port Coquitlam
    97 Thunderace (sold!), 91 F2 track bike, 04 600RR track bike
    Picked up a very similar tool from Princess Auto today. On sale for $25 plus tax.
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein