Cylinder 1 not firing..!!

Thread: Cylinder 1 not firing..!!

2002 Blue FZ1

Question Cylinder 1 not firing..!!

Hey guys, hope you can help me.. Got a 93 Katana 600, works very nice but yesterday cylinder 1 stopped working, ( that is, the extreme left cylinder), I thought it was the spark plug so I changed them all (since they needed change anyway), but the problem´s still there!!

When I put the spark plug and the spark cable together touching the frame and hit Start, sparks appear, so I assume the cable and spark plug are working.. what could it be?

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array
    check for compression? maybe a valve/piston ring is not sealing?

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    3rd rock from the sun. po co.
    bunch "o" bikes
    How do you know it's that one??? when the bike is cold start it up then quickly feel each header pipe for heat...the cold one is the one with no fire....then do a compression check....if thats ok....recheck for spark...if thats good check for fuel going to that cylinder...try tapping the carb...could be a stuck float
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!

Where the Road Begins and Ends
    It's a marvel of engineering
    Check to see if the plug is not actually firing. Pull the plug out, hook it up to the wire, ground it to the block and hit the starter. if you don't see it sparkin', try another wire. an the same side of your ignitor. Then on the other side as the ignitor. and so on, and so on, ... Process of elimination.
    It really shouldn't be that hard.
    Catching a Yellow Jacket in your shirt @ 70mph can double your vocabulary

spark compression fuel.