please talk me out of getting this bike..

Thread: please talk me out of getting this bike..

Bike
    F4izzzle

please talk me out of getting this bike..

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...099526687&rd=1

Sooo, im super tempted to get this shipped up here but my little voice is telling me that parts arnt going to be easy to come by, I can't really get it inspected before I buy it, and then I will have to go through all the stuff needed to get it registered in B.C.

But I still want it, and yes, it would be my primary bike, so please, I need some voices of reason

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    SP1 HRC
    Why are you thinking about it....... That is some serious drool!!! Just get it.

Bike
    Red
    http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=81573

don't waste your time and energy, just go to richmond and pick this one up. it only has 3,000 more km's on it and did i mention it's local. it also looks like its in much better shape than the ebay one.

and i think it said you get a free ducati 748 with purchase
    one of these days i'm gonna change my evil ways, till then i'll just keep ridin' on.

Bike
    Old Honda and an older Duc.
    ^ +1
    And I like the original paint better anyway.

Bike
    SP1 HRC
    Changed my mind. The local one has all the papers done and it does look better in the stock colours.

Bike
    yeah dude I was actually going to look for the link from the local one to put it on here but somebody beat me to it.

I saw that bike and if I had the money I would flip shit so fast to buy it. It's a V-Four and so freaking sexy.
    I own a VT250F by honda which was never produced for North America so I have one of the very few over here.

That bike has wicked style and I'd put money on it being wicked fast.

but uhhh...it's sold lol

My advice though, dont buy a bike from ebay.

Registered User Array Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Bandit
    Dood, just go down to Windbell in North Van and pick one up, then spend the bucks for a paintjob and sticker kit.

They had a couple on the floor last time I was there.

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    i like the ebay one. i think i'll buy it!!
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

Bike
    I'm just here for the intelligent conversation.
    Personally, I'd go for the Ebay one... it's not easy to buy a bike that's already sold. Then again, I'm picky about that, usually I like to buy bikes from people that still own them.

just it
    just doooooooo it buy it. you only live once.

Bike
    Red
    well if the one in richmond is sold what about this one?

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/B...00cc_NC30.aspx

windbell is closed today, or i would have called to confirm it was still saleable
    one of these days i'm gonna change my evil ways, till then i'll just keep ridin' on.

King of the money pits... Array
    Bike
    None
    actually parts are not hard to come by. I was talking to Bernie at RMS the other day about grey market parts. He said the only issue is finding the part numbers. Once you have those, you can get any part you want, because most parts are interchangeable b/w other bikes. If you can get the part nums (try to get your hands on a mico-fiche) and you would be golden.

There are a few more VFR400's at Windbell in North Van. Check out www.jpgreybike.com

a12
    Sooo, im super tempted to get this shipped up here but my little voice is telling me that parts arnt going to be easy to come by, I can't really get it inspected before I buy it, and then I will have to go through all the stuff needed to get it registered in B.C.
    Just remember - if you buy one and bring it in with out the paperwork done before it gets here, when you try to register it, they'll crush it.

That's my favorite bike by the way; light, V4, rare, sexy, old school, etc. It made me a Honda fan.

King of the money pits... Array
    Bike
    None
    [QUOTE=a12;971179]Just remember - if you buy one and bring it in with out the paperwork done before it gets here, when you try to register it, they'll crush it.

QUOTE]

thats a lie... dont listen to him.

Basically you can do one of two things. Bring it over as a "track use only" bike, or a street bike. For either one, you need to get it registered in your name, and pay all the duty fees. You need to get the title and a "form one" and submit it to the importing office. They will do thier stuff, and send you a form two to fill out. Also the bike needs to be inspected before it can be insured, so if it has no turn signals, or missing mirrors, it won't pass. The whole crushing thing is bogus though. As a race bike, all you have to do it pay your taxes and bring er on over... no waiting or anything.

a12
    Here's a good link if you're looking at importing.
    Don't do anything based on the advice of some goofs on a forum.
    http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html

I'm not an expert in the matter but from my experience the Canadian federal and provincial government is picky about illegally or improperly imported motor vehicles. Maybe they won't crush it, maybe they will. The bottom line is if it's not done right you risk loosing it.
    Last edited by a12; 03-26-2007 at 07:15 PM.