BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Mon, March 26th: First Squamish ride of the season

4K views 65 replies 31 participants last post by  sushigrl 
#1 ·
When: Monday, March 26th, departing at 5:30

Rally Point: Westmount Chevron, 3690 Westmount Road, West Vancouver, take Westmount exit off HWY 1, as the usual Church parking lot is closed for repairs. Please see map below for location.

Where to: Delicious nectar of the Mermaid's bosom (aka coffee at Starbucks) in Squamish.

Pace: As usual, your own. I'm still in my early season slow poke mode.

Why: Because it's no longer frickin' raining and cold! Weather network is calling for clear skies until Thursday... WOO HOO!

Please post up if you'd like to join!

See less See more
#5 ·
man i'm gonna miss this ride this year. have fun and ride safe! glad someone's getting to enjoy some nice weather, here on the rock its all rain, with the occasional tease of sun and then more rain... :(

#15 ·
That would be PM.

Man, when the weather starts to get nice and the bike gets insurance, I can't even sleep at night, I'm so excited to ride.

#14 ·
Careful on highway 1 as well - must have passed 3 or 4 cops parked up with radar guns between Canada Way and S2S. They didn't seem to mind us passing them at 20 above the limit, but we were in line with the rest of the traffic. Try not to stand out too much out there :)

#18 ·
Scott, I've done the S2S a few times in the last two weeks and it's totally fine.

I know that you Ducati guys get all freaked out of the road isn't paved with biscotti 'n stuff, so I won't blame you if you don't come.

#20 ·
S2S is surprisingly ok at the moment. I was skeptical about going up today, but there was only a few holes, and the ones that were there were circled with orange paint - easily visible. Bigger threat was those damn radar guns everywhere

#26 ·
We'll probably stick around the Chevron til' about 5:40 for those just getting off of work.

#35 ·
I'd agree that the S2S isn't optimal but there are more passing opportunities now since last season as the Furry Creek hill is finished and there's a longer passing opportunity heading southbound from Britannia Beach towards Furry Creek.

For me, a ride up to Squamish for coffee is more about a nice ride in the mountains, unwinding after a long day, more than just a road to rage on. And of course the social aspect. As they say in Whistler, it's all about the apres ski.

So yeah, the S2S isn't prime but it serves it's purpose for what it is. I can only imagine how fast it'll be this time in 2010, when it's 4 lanes virtually the entire distance to Squamish.

Klutch, you won't be home before dark.

#37 · (Edited)
people the rain has stopped. NO MORE WHINING OR COMPLAING!

besides I heard (unconfirmed source) that it is 30 degrees and sunny up in Squamish.

bcgirlrider said:
5pm meeting! I'm sure you can reschedule the meeting due to your dire need of your (what sounds like very serious surgery indeed) motorcycle-ectomy... after the ride to Squamish that is!
Done and Done. When will dinner be ready for me? :evilgrin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.