I mentioned this idea to a few people and like myself, their eyes lit up with the idea. The idea has been festering in me since I began riding and perhaps it is time to open it up for more ideas and perhaps those that are interested can gather together with myself, to make it a reality.
The basic concept
- a cafe for all riders to gather, arrange rides
- serve coffee, tea, hot chocolate etc. perhaps quick hot food?
- large parking lot for gatherings
- electronic bulletin boards
- internet access for arranging rides
- posting of rides
- registration of long distance rides
- noobie ride
- Meeting rooms for discussions
- Christmas, New Year parties, or just parties!!!
- running GP on large screen TVs all day
- buy and sell Board or actual on-site place to buy and sell your Motocycle.
- motorcycle bays for repair work
- motorcycle storage
- on-site mechanic to do various work
- small part sales either supplied by various dealers (commision sales) or direct supplier. Helmets, visors, chain lube.... mainly to offer a quick one stop convenience for the riders.
Post up your ideas or thoughts. PM me if you like to get involve, have a location in mind, or have the funding to sponsor this idea.
edit: If you think it is a bad idea, tell us why...
edit: I remember a used Hockey Equipment store that use to sell everything on consignment. Perhaps this can be adapted to selling our gear/motorcycle etc. on consignment. This is one way to keep the cafe open at the same time providing a service to all of us.
Also ideas like a Mechanic teaching you the basics like changing oil, lubing your chain etc. can be brought in for a fee. Areas where you can do your general maintenance might be a good idea. There are a lot of people that lives in apartments that may use this service.