how to lower an 03 Ninja 636?

Thread: how to lower an 03 Ninja 636?

Registered User Array

how to lower an 03 Ninja 636?

Am preparing this bike for a 95 lb gal who is under 5 ft tall.
    I put in lowering links. Slid the tubes up an inch. Shortened the side stand.
    What I am wondering is: is it possible to buy a 16 inch front wheel (or even 15") that the stock rotors would attach to?

2. Remove Advertisements

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    New West
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    No, the links (aka: Dog Bones) is your only option.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    The 16 front wheel won't do anything you can't do with the fork lowering. It sounds like you've covered the bases. Either way even with the bike lowered she's going to need to stretch. 600CC sporbikes are just not made to normally be ridden by 5 foot munchkins...

Having lowered a couple of bikes I found that it's important to not get greedy with the lowering. Lowering sportbikes can only go so far and then you need to worry about frong fenders hitting radiators and possibly bottoming out and pinching off the brake lines and a host of other "minor" issues. In the end the key thing is to lower both ends the same to preserve as much of the original handling as practical. The last thing you want to add to this mix is to tilt the bike by lowering one end more than the other or the bike will feel like poo on a stick.

If she still needs more lowering then it's time to shave and reshape the saddle.... which should have been done first in any case I might add.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.