Okay to mix oil???

Thread: Okay to mix oil???

Okay to mix oil???

I just changed my oil w/o replacing the filter and after the oil changed I realized there was some 15w50 motul 5100 oil in there /w the new oil 10w40 motul 5100 I just put in.

Is this any good for my bike??? Yeah I know jack about oil.

2. Remove Advertisements

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    so you could have a slightly heavier 10w40 now. This by itself is not much of a concern. the fact they are motul is perfect as it means the additive pack should be the same between the two blends. now if both blends use the same oils you are totally laughing, which I'd guess that because you say they are both "Motul 5100", I would say they use the same oils.. anyways so if the base oils and additive packs are the same then you're left with a slight difference in viscosity, and some the oil being older. basically you have a new/used oil mix of slightly heavier than 10w40 weight, and really that difference is pretty minor, the filter doesn't hold much oil... so no problems, maybe change your oil a little sooner than you would of..
    Last edited by Jaybo; 03-30-2007 at 04:56 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Three hour tour guide Array silverD's Avatar
    '08 Varadero
    Don't listen to him, you bike is now garbage, I'll take if off your hands if you want. You don't have to pay me, I'll just pick it up.

J/K, you'll be fine...
    I'm not addicted! and I'm not quitting!!
    Heeere's your sign...

...and "always" look on the bright side of life...

Registered User Array Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Suzuki Bandit
    It's fine. Wouldn't even have to be the same brand or even both synth to be fine.

Your moms room
    2002 CBR F4i Gloss/Flat Black

once it is the same weight it should be fine... but i like to stick with just one brand
    My Gallery
    "why is the worlds intelligents declineing?"