help with tires

Thread: help with tires

Registered User Array
    1991 cbr600f2

help with tires

I have a 1992 cbr600f2 and currently has 120/60/17 front and 160/60 rear ....will a 110/70 front and 150/60 rear work on the current wheels?
    Last edited by leerichmond; 04-01-2007 at 08:17 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

05 Monster S2R
    have you thought about asking the place your going to buy the tires from??? or checking with a shop that your going to have them installed at?

Asian Persuasion Array dragnit02's Avatar
    Home of 2010 Olympics
    Pumpkin Orange
    better shop around b/c those tire sizes are a little smaller and shops may not have them in stock
    So much work & so little time!!

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    What's wrong with the stock sizes?
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    They won't fit and let your bike ride properly. The 120 and 160 are the correct sizes for your rims. Going narrower will mean the tires are not going to achieve their proper profile.

However, you don't need to use a 120/60 on the front. You can go with a 120/70 (far more common and more options for brands) and compensate by letting the fork tubes come up in the clamps by about 6 mm's. If this isn't something you're comfy with then have a shop do the job.

My track F2 actually had about 20 mm's of fork sticking up past the top of the stock clipons. It handled light with just a hair of headshake here and there. If I was setting an F2 up for the street I'd use a 120/70 front and let the forks come up to about 5 mm's less than that. This would both compensate for the extra tire diameter and also help lighten and sharpen up the handling and response.

On the rear just stick with the stock size. They are easily available and come in some nice options depending on how you ride.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.