Muffler woes

Thread: Muffler woes

Muffler woes

Hey, once upon a time I thought it would be great to have a nice loud bike, so in my disgruntled youth i got the guys at the shop to poke a hole in my baffle, producing a nice thunderous sound. Now, as my work requires me to leave the house before the sun is up, I dread hitting that start button. I've spoken to ppl about aftermarket pipes, but they laugh and say mine is quieter then any out there, does anyone have any ideas on reversing this horrible experiment gone wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.
    thanks in advance.

edit: thanks a lot for the info,
    Last edited by Swartzer; 04-05-2007 at 05:22 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    take it apart and weld up the holes. Which likely ain't going to happen. Buy another stock one, search ebay, stock pipes are cheap.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    duct tape

But yeah, look around for another stock pipe. Chances are you can get one in really good condition for <100 bucks
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

Registered User Array 105mmgunner's Avatar
    2006 GSXR - Still love her!!
    LOL I did the same thing about 15 yrs ago to my 85 FZ, sounded louder at first then ended up sounding like there was loose bits inside it. LOL- probably was.

Is that a stock 1999 VLX you are looking for? Eddit your origonal post and that will act as a sort of WTB thread as well as post a WTB thread. A new stock pipe would be the best route to take and if you can get one used then you will (should) get it cheap as well.

Good luck.

In hell
    Big and slow
    Call 5th Gear and get a db Dawg for it.
    Flowbie- Mellowing with age...

Stolen from Atom:
    Being a road crayon sucks....put your gear between you and the pavement.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Very few, if any, stock cans can be taken apart for repairs. Your best bet is to haunt Ebay or the junkers like Turbosonoma around here for a set of stock cans to put back on.

The DB Dawgs tone it down but nothing to like a stock setup. Any of the plugs in the noisy cans are like putting a bandaid on a sucking chest wound. If you want quiet back then stock is where it's at.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.