Lest We Forget

Thread: Lest We Forget

Lest We Forget

I just thought it suiting to mention this. Hope you all have your poppies, and never forget all the sacrifices made in the name of peace.

Thx, and I don't know about you ppl, but I'll be out at one of the parades so hope to see ya there

BBQ Squadron Member Array Dark()Knight's Avatar
    BatCave in Van
    Amen to that Mr.Bert....
    Be Happy for this moment.... This moment is your life.

It is not about Anger,
    It's about Peace.
    It is not about Power,
    It's about Grace.
    It is not about knowing your enemy,
    It's about knowing yourself.

Angry War Sucks!

We owe a huge debt to all the veterans who laid it on the line for us.

We can never repay them.

We can only remember.

Honda NC19
    It's amazing how much significance this day has. Did you guys know that they even stopped the skytrains briefly at 11am for a moment of silence?
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING : Quitting 2-Stroking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Other People's Health.

Just got back from a Remembrance Day Service. Was pretty cool.

Also been watching an HBO 10-part series called "Band of Brothers" that follows the real life story of a company of american soldiers throughout the war. Very well done, produced by Spielberg and Tom Hanks. I must admit I have a much more profound appreciation of what happened to all the veterans after watching the series.

Global also had short segments from interviews with canadian vets telling their stories at the beginning of each episode. Watching these men recall what happened to them and what they saw was moving. It makes it feel so much more real.

Registered User Array
    I'm not telling, but Atom isn't allowed near it.
    I did something different this year for Rememberance Day.

If any of you live in Ladner and notice the Cenotaph in memorial park was lit all night. I trained and helped organize the 24 hour guard in memorial park this year.

We had Air, Army and Sea cadets participate as the guard. We had vets, and families who lost loved ones in service come out all night just to watch us change the guard every 30 minutes. I think everyone involved got a new perspective on what today means to many Canadians. It was quite touching. The cadets may have been soaking wet, but they all came early and stayed late just to be a part of it.

Lest we forget.

sold - borrowing my wife's CBR
    The previous couple of years I was out riding on Remembrance day, but I also made sure that at 11:00 I had a minute of silence. Last year I pulled off to the side of the road, and the other two riders with me also stopped. One minute per year is the least I can do.
    Every day I break my previous record of consecutive days still alive.