best place to buy small trailer for 3 bikes?

Thread: best place to buy small trailer for 3 bikes?

best place to buy small trailer for 3 bikes?

I have a SUV and need to buy a trailer that can haul 2 dirt bikes. I found the Strongbox trailer at Home Depot, but I have never owned a trailer before, so I'm not sure if this is what I need?

Help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

North of 49
    06 CRF450R sold XR650R :( The Trailerman in Abbotsford. E&H Hitch shop. Ton's of options I would stay away from anything held together with bolts if you want to get some life out of it.
    RPM #26

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    3rd rock from the sun. po co.
    bunch "o" bikes
    Most important is weight wana haul 3 bikes??? X 225 lbs = 675 total plus gas and gear....perhaps 1000lbs. then yank it down the freeway at 140kph...dont get tiny wheels...every summer you see boat, tent, and utility trailers at the side of the road with blown tires from over weight or speed...

My rule of thumb get something that is twice you a trailer with a 2000 lb capacity and tires that will carry 2000lb each..

Stay away from 9, 12 inch tires ...get a min 13" 14 inch car tires are availabale...
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!

Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    lots of trailers in buy&
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

damn broken leg!!!!!!! Array gixxer_76's Avatar
    2007 KX250 Ripper!!!!
    I have a trailer I converted from a tent trailer. Holds three bikes fine but does have the small wheels (8"). Expect to replace tires and bearing every year.

I recently switched from the 4.80 to the 5.80 tires for better longevity, ground clearance and load carrying ability. It's cheap and easy to do but only if you DO IT! Leave it to chance and you WILL be a sucker on the side of the road!
    Just like a twig, your leg will snap if you smash it into a wall with a 400 Lb bike @ 100+ Km/h. So just don't do it!