Road test and integrated signals

Thread: Road test and integrated signals

Bike
    Yamaha R6

Road test and integrated signals

About to book my road test, but I have and undertail kit and my rear turn signals are the 2 middle lights of my brake lights. Are they going to be cool with that? (allow me to take the test) or do I need seperate turn signals ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for that... Array Miguel's Avatar
    Bike
    Japanese
    Why don't ya ask them, sparky?
    Mig

Bike
    Yamaha R6
    Because I just thought of it now and since on the computer I thought I'd ask. ok Champ.

Will wheelie 4 boobs! Array Jave's Avatar
    Bike
    06 R6... Redline: 27000000 bitches!
    Everything on your bike has to be legal to use it to take a road test. I once brought my car to take a road test and they wouldn't let me use it because my front driver side and passenger side windows had a slight aftermarket tint.

My guess is that they probably aren't supposed to let you use it, but maybe if you get a nice test guy he might let it slide. Don't they provide a bike for you to use? When I took mine I had the option of using mine or theirs. I was also hooked up through Action though.

So to answer your question... you might want to have a backup plan.
    Danger 4 dinner... Sex 4 breakfast...

Bike
    Tard.
    For signals to be legal, they are supposed to be at minimum 6" apart from what I remember someone posting on this site.

Registered User Array jaydogg888's Avatar
    Bike
    2009 Buell Ulysses XB12X
    I would phone. At first I was going to say they'd probably be fine with it but now that I remember they check your bike to make sure your signals are working and legal.
    2009 Buell Ulysses XB12X

Bike
    Yamaha R6
    Thanks guys, I'll be calling to book a test next week so I'll obviously ask then.

Jave: I think you might be right about being able to use on of their bikes. That might be my best solution.

Super Addict Array
    Bike
    Got One!
    Signal lights need to be a minimum of 20 cm apart. It is all subjective, some testers will let you get away with it and some will not.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    04 Kawi ZRX 1200R
    Make sure you pull a nice catwalk from every stop sign - they say they don't like them but the truth is you can impress them enough like this that they won't say a peep about the signal lights.

Swivel on it Array SkydiveSonic's Avatar
    Bike
    Chia
    When i did mine, they were more concerned with my flushmounts on the front. They took one look at my clearalternatives integrated rear and didn't say a thing. They expressed concern with the signals on the front, but let me go anyway ....
    If you wanna say something, speak into the mic. It's right above my balls.

Now accepting DONATIONS! Array PilotPete's Avatar
    Bike
    '98 YZF R1
    I rode my test with integrated rear signals and flush fronts....they said they were illegal, but they would let 'er go! This was at the location on Lougheed by boundary about 3 years ago.

Pete
    Sex is like driving a honda: Slow, Obscene, and so loud it wakes your neighbors!

...::::::::::::::::::.... Array YamahaScott's Avatar
    Bike
    2003 R6 , 2003 YZ 250
    Quote Originally Posted by SkydiveSonic View Post
    When i did mine, they were more concerned with my flushmounts on the front. They took one look at my clearalternatives integrated rear and didn't say a thing. They expressed concern with the signals on the front, but let me go anyway ....
    same as me.
    I leant my bike to a friend to do the road test.
    The hotbodies flushmounts were "not visible from the front" so he could not do the test until they were "fixed"

He asked if the back integrated tail lights (clearalternative) was ok and she said: "yes" (legally I know they not)

If you can spare the effort its worth making it legal in my opnion.