Paddle Tires

Thread: Paddle Tires

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2003 CBR 600RR

Paddle Tires

I just bought a brand new quad (LTZ400) and I am going down to the Oregon Coast for Sanfest (can't wait) BUT I need paddle tires. Anyone have a pair they want to see me, or know of how much they usually run for?

Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    Bike
    bunch "o" bikes
    There are lots of bike shops by the dunes....for a dirt bike they used to charge $85.00 installed...dont know bout a quad...try calling some shops in oregon
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!

Bike
    Prev. FJ600/Current Raptor 660
    Make sure you buy them in the states on the way down. You can get a set for $150 on rims. I went to Oregon (Sand Lake) and didn't have sands, I went everywhere anyone else did on my Raptor, its all in the technique. I even beat a bunch of quads on 3 separate races to the top of a hillclimb and I was the only one without them! I was consistant 3rd out of 8 quads. They will help you though.

Bike
    2008 Honda CRF150X
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    I just bought a brand new quad (LTZ400) and I am going down to the Oregon Coast for Sanfest (can't wait) BUT I need paddle tires. Anyone have a pair they want to see me, or know of how much they usually run for?

Thanks!!

What is Sanfest? Is there a website for that?
    wanna be #702
    wanna be ROAD RACER
    wanna be DIRT BIKER
    wanna be SUPERMOTO--er

Bike
    2008 Honda CRF150X
    Scratch my last post...

Found the website:

http://www.dunefest.com/home.html

I had tons of fun in the dunes. It's definately different than riding in dirt. Loads of fun.
    wanna be #702
    wanna be ROAD RACER
    wanna be DIRT BIKER
    wanna be SUPERMOTO--er

Bike
    '69 Suzuki T250 Hustler, '71 YAMAHA R5, '97 GSXR600 racebike, '06 CRF450X

new quad

Try to get your new quad broken in and have your first service before you hit the sand... riding on sand involves alot of w.o.t. (wide open throttle) so not the best thing for a brand new motor... I felt nasty riding my bike on it, just because the throttle was either wide open, or closed. Also don't forget to get an oregon orv permit, (i got mine at a g.i.joes, or just joes as it is now called, in portland) plus you need to have a orange whip flag. I used one for a bicycle that I modified, but it was borderline acceptible height, mounted on my muffler on my crf450x. plus i broke it a couple of times because it was mounted solid.... Probably your best bet is to get one down there. Be sure to do the research before you go. It would suck to get there to find they were sold out of everything.
    Last edited by unobtainium; 04-24-2007 at 12:12 AM.

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    Buy the paddles in Canada. There cheaper here than anywhere near the dunes. Paddles are around $50 to $70 CDN. Rims around $75.

I might have a used set kicking around