Westcoast Custom Show
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Westcoast Custom Show

Registered User Array
    Bike
    1998 Road King

Westcoast Custom Show

I rode down to the lower main land this weekend , from Nelson, to work the show .
    Getting home this aft. and reading posts , kind of pissed me off! I invited all of you to come and talk to me face to face, not one of you showed. No courage or was it to cold for you all? Maybe to far? Oh well........ I did meet some sport riders , very nice folks, I don't believe they knew about this site . Real level headed people! Nice helmuts too!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Still defying gravity... Array Thumper 8's Avatar
    Bike
    3 and 6 cylinders of fury
    Quote Originally Posted by DCBC View Post
    I rode down to the lower main land this weekend , from Nelson, to work the show .
    Getting home this aft. and reading posts , kind of pissed me off! I invited all of you to come and talk to me face to face, not one of you showed. No courage or was it to cold for you all? Maybe to far? Oh well........ I did meet some sport riders , very nice folks, I don't believe they knew about this site . Real level headed people! Nice helmuts too!
    Hope you had a nice ride.

Thanks for the invite. I worked at my real job Saturday, and the races on Sunday. The Province showed a picture of some chromed, blinged out chopper abortion in the paper. If I had any thoughts of going, that disaster would have turned me off.

I am also glad you met some really nice German folks named Helmut - I am sure, if they were good sportbikers, that they were wearing nice, full face helmets.

Regards.

Don't be a stranger.

Have a nice day.

Turn that frown upside down.

Bye.

PS - I always thought the good weed in Nelson made everyone happy - guess I was wrong, eh?

aka Tony

My WMRC/Pitt Meadows and other bike photos are at Thumphoto.com - follow on Twitter and connect on Facebook

ridenrain
    They were selling novelty beanies for $5. Would they be the Pelican brand? Can I still get one to show my representitive at the MLA ride?

Bike
    Old Honda and an older Duc.
    Once you've seen one chromed out piece of garage jewlery, you've seen em all.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    1998 Road King
    Quote Originally Posted by 900 SS View Post
    Once you've seen one chromed out piece of garage jewlery, you've seen em all.

And you believe Sport bikes are unique?

Bike
    I believe mine is.
    But I built mine to ride. If ya wanna see it you'll have to wait till I stop for gas.

FAROH
    i think they are too

Bike
    2005 RED R1
    I was alittle disappointed there was only 2 custom sport bikes.A buell and a R1. To be expected I guess.

Registered User Array incognegro's Avatar
    Bike
    '05 CBR 600RR, '91 KDX 250
    riding to abby to look at a few customs...and 'cruiser style' at that for the price of a tank of gas just really isn't worth it...at least not to me...anytime you want to come out for a ride you're welcome but don't start slaggin us sportbike riders off just because this type of bike show is for the most part unappealing.
    p.s in response to your previous post in the other thread we come together as a bike community every year at the bike show..you know, the one that most people actually want to go to!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
    Sensitive little Prick arn't you J Scott?
    I've met J. Scott. Little, he isn't. Kinda tall actually. You may be right about the other stuff though.

Bike
    your girlfriend
    i can understand you may be a little miffed at the lack of attendance, from many of us here. but you have to see our point also, myself as, with many other riders here, would rather be out riding. and enjoying the weather.

many of us went on a rides this weekend, we were out doing what we love.
    watching bikes in a static display, being shown off as customs/ rolling art is not something i would consider riding.

you saying that we have no courage, or it was too cold for us is kind of childish. we have nothing to prove to you, only that we enjoy two wheels, just like you do. if you are ever down this way, feel free to join in on a ride, and meet some of these people that you just, belittled. you'd be pleasantly surprised that we are not that much different than yourself.
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PART OF A BIKE, IS THE NUT THAT CONNECTS THE SEAT, TO THE HANDLEBARS.

Bike
    I don't think he could keep up, since we are all doing 250 Kph everywhere we go.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    1998 Road King
    Quote Originally Posted by BLADERUNNER 954 View Post
    i can understand you may be a little miffed at the lack of attendance, from many of us here. but you have to see our point also, myself as, with many other riders here, would rather be out riding. and enjoying the weather.

many of us went on a rides this weekend, we were out doing what we love.
    watching bikes in a static display, being shown off as customs/ rolling art is not something i would consider riding.

you saying that we have no courage, or it was too cold for us is kind of childish. we have nothing to prove to you, only that we enjoy two wheels, just like you do. if you are ever down this way, feel free to join in on a ride, and meet some of these people that you just, belittled. you'd be pleasantly surprised that we are not that much different than yourself.
    I enjoy your style , and would be glad to ride with anyone. I've had a R6 wintering in my shop this year,so, I bilieve I'm not ane sided. I just can not get how some on this site cannot see 2 sides.

Bike
    05 GSXR-750
    I enjoy your style , and would be glad to ride with anyone. I've had a R6 wintering in my shop this year,so, I bilieve I'm not ane sided. I just can not get how some on this site cannot see 2 sides.
    Hang out long enough and you'll quickly realize this sites prominent "posters/users" aren't very mature. There are a very rare few who have something useful to offer however.

Bike
    2004 R1, 2005 DL1000 V-Strom
    I hit the show with my father in law and brother in law. I liked the red and green Goldhammers, and the matching Indian or Triumph and Buick, or whatever those were.

There were some pretty far out designes, even though I'm not nearly as partial to them as my plastics. Some nice copper plumbing details caught my eye on one custom with a suicide clutch and shifter? Yikes!

I just can't get excited about choppers, but the board racer styled bikes are teh shit.
    Reformatted to fit your screen.