Amber Rimes - WERA Podiums!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amber Rimes - WERA Podiums!

Registered User Array RustyNail's Avatar
    Bike
    o3 Gixer 6

Amber Rimes - WERA Podiums!

DMD Racing DMD Racing http://www.dmd-racing.com/ and Rimes Motorsports would like to cogratulate AMBER RIMES - WMRRA #29 / WERA #129 for her two podiums during her first outing at a WERA event, Las Vegas. The results from the event were posted on RoadRacerX in Mondays "Wake-Up Call."

Heavyweight Twins Superbike Expert
    1. 632 Michael Coberly
    2. 146 Tyler Odom
    3. 129 Amber Rimes

Heavyweight Twins Superstock Expert
    1. 46 Vincent Chu
    2. 129 Amber Rimes
    3. 781 David Lucero
    RIMESMOTORSPORTS

WMMRA #85
    AMA #285

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    WOW!!!!!! Congratulations to Amber and the Team. Will we be seeing her in AMA?

Newbie Poser Squid Array bafflebrain's Avatar
    Bike
    bad, m'kay?
    Hey...I already congratulated Amber on 2 other forums.

What the hey, congratulations Amber!
    "It's not my fault your slow!"

Shiftless clutcher Array ZoomaFoo's Avatar
    Bike
    '01 GSX-R600 race bike
    Fantastic results, Amber. Very well done.
    "When in doubt, FLAT OUT!"

Bike
    2005 GSX-R600 - Orca Bay Suzuki
    Sweet!!! Congrats Amber!!!!

Bike
    2011 VStrom 650, 1983 KZ750, 2006 WR450, and any racebike I can get my hands on!!
    go girl go, good for you
    I mean, ahem, way to kiss ass dude ;-)
    and it's early in the year....
    chicken strips are a sign of intelligence
    unless you're at the track ;)

https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPag...FD&Member=2483
    http://daytonaparty.shawwebspace.ca/
    DO IT!

Bike
    ZX6R street, SV 650 Race
    Colin yoiu forgot about the part that she was the only 749 going head to head with 999's and Aprilia 1000's.

She's got skillzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z
    WMRC #12
    WMRC Treasurer 2006 - 2008
    WMRC President 2008 - 2010

Bike
    R1 Racebike/CRF450R Supermoto
    Wow awesome results, congrats!!

Newbie Poser Squid Array bafflebrain's Avatar
    Bike
    bad, m'kay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Focker View Post
    Colin yoiu forgot about the part that she was the only 749 going head to head with 999's and Aprilia 1000's.

She's got skillzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z
    Colin already feels bad that Amber is faster than him...no need to make it worse
    "It's not my fault your slow!"

Bike
    2006 Ducati 749R and 749S
    Thanks Guys! It's so nice to have the local support!

Here is a bit of a race report for ya........

After all the riding I've been doing over the winter in preparation for the WERA West Series, it was finally here. The first round in Las Vegas, NV. That spells trouble already. I came in a day early thinking there would be practice on Friday, but so such luck! That meant I had a whole 48 hours to kill in Vegas with out getting into too much trouble. Luckily I had Josh from Pirelli and Tigarshark Racing in town to keep things in order...haha

The rest of my team, Corey Neuer and E-Money arrived Friday night from LA with the trailer and all the bikes. It was our intention to race the 2006 Ducati 749R in the Heavy Weight Twins Classes and the 2007 Yamaha R6 in the 600 classes (sorry to disappoint the Ducati fans but yes I had to get one of these too...haha) but with limited time we were not able to have the bike prepped and ready to go. The bike arrive in our hands with only a few days before the event and we just ran out of time. So it was the Ducati's weekend to shine!

Saturday was interesting, having never been to the track before there was a lot to learn. We were only given two 10 minute practice sessions to have the bike set up and learn the track. It was a fun track, but I was not able to get up to speed with only 20 minutes on the track. I entered a 20 lap Solo race on Saturday to see if I could put it all together for Sunday. Unfortunately, I ran off the track in the second lap and was put one lap behind. I used the 20 lap race to get comfortable on the track and make a few changes to the suspension and tire choice on the bike, so I was set for Sunday.

After the 2 practice sessions in the morning, I felt comfortable with the track and was ready to race. The Ducati was only eligible for both of the Heavyweight Twins classes, making my competition the big bikes ( 999's & aprillia 1000's). I finished the day with a 2nd in the HWT Supersport and 3rd in the HWT Superbike.

In Addition to all of my sponsors, I would not have even been able to race if it weren't for a few special people this year. I would like to thank my team, Corey Neuer and E-Money for everything they have done to make it possible for me to race in the WERA West Series, Jason Pridmore and his instructors for the time they have taken to help me with my racing over the winter and Josh Bryan from Pirelli and Tigarshark Racing for all the continued support. I would also like to thank Darren Murrey, Mark Applebee and Colin Rimes for their continued involvement and encouragement in my racing efforts.

Overall the weekend was extremely successful for Rimes Motorsports. Team-mate Corey Neuer was able to finish the weekend on his Suzuki GSXR 600 with a 3rd in B Superbike, 6th in C Superbike, 14th in C Superstock and a 5th in B Superstock. We will be back at LVMS two more times this year and I hope to see my times drop now that I am familiar with the track.

The next event will be May 26th/27th in Fontana, CA at California Speedway, you will see both the R6 and the 749r in action at that event.

The schedule up until the next event is packed. I will be in Fontana for the AMA round April 27th-29th to help out with the DMD Racing Team (good luck to Darren, Jimmy and Colin!), then off to Miller Motorsports Park, Salt Lake City UT for a two day School with Jason Pridmore and the Star School.

Thanks again for the support!
    www.amberrimes.com
    WERA #129
    AMA #129

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bafflebrain View Post
    Hey...I already congratulated Amber on 2 other forums.

What the hey, congratulations Amber!

Haha...looks like my boys are getting around.... Thanks!
    www.amberrimes.com
    WERA #129
    AMA #129

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bafflebrain View Post
    Colin already feels bad that Amber is faster than him...no need to make it worse

Too Funny!
    www.amberrimes.com
    WERA #129
    AMA #129

AKA Newfie Girl Array Newfie Girl's Avatar
    Bike
    Honda street
    Nice work Amber!

amyk
    An inspiration!!

Awesome job Amber, WoW!!!

~hugs from Calgary~