input required
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: input required

Bike
    vtwins

input required

well as some of you may of read in previous posts, i plan on purchasing a sport bike next spring.. probably at the end of april.

so my question is, how much do you think (next year in april) the 2001/2002 r6,cbr 6, gixxer 6, and zx6r will be.

i plan on spending no more than 9k, and it would be nice to buy a bike with no more than 5,000 km and in real nice shape, no drops, dings, etc. i want the following in order, and my bias is strictly on the looks.. they all look nice, but i like the r6 most and kawi the least (no offence to anyone).

1. r6
    2. gsxr 600
    3. cbr f4
    4. kawi 6r

i've looked around and have found 2001 bikes for around 8-9k. so i figure next year the 02's will be around the same price.

any input is appreciated, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Devil's Advocate Array RoadBlur's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki XV 2182
    I'd buy this winter, they're cheaper in the off season.. despite age, the start of spring will get prices going up again.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

sigtrap
    i agree

Bike
    vtwins
    DOH! i don't have the funds now, that is why i want to wait to save up and buy in spring

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Murph's right...but if you don't have the funds, you don't have the funds.

Another thing is that next Spring the one year old 600s might be cheaper than usual, since every manufacturer (except Suzuki) is coming out with a new 600 supersport for 2003. A lot of people might be trading in their 1-3 year old 600s for the latest greatest.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Super Addict Array
    Bike
    Want an appliance? Buy Japanese.
    Originally posted by R6 Jono
    DOH! i don't have the funds now, that is why i want to wait to save up and buy in spring
    You can always put a small non refundable deposit on one which they'll probably hold for a couple of months.

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Bill, I think most of the really good deals are from personal sales...usually people that are strapped for cash due to the holidays and stuff, and figure they should unload their bike. [yeah, capitalizing on other's misfortunes ] But I'm sure there are some deals to be had at the local dealerships too.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

BBQ Squadron Member Array Dark()Knight's Avatar
    Bike
    Batcycle
    I was just at the Honda Centre and they purchased more 01 RC51's. They said they brought them in cause of great pricing. Sounds like it might be worth a look.... and who knows... Roughly around that price you can get new instead of used ???
    Of course that depends on if you like the RC or not.
    D a r K
    Be Happy for this moment.... This moment is your life.

It is not about Anger,
    It's about Peace.
    It is not about Power,
    It's about Grace.
    It is not about knowing your enemy,
    It's about knowing yourself.

Bike
    vtwins
    currently my situation will not allow me to touch a bike untill april. i will be getting a loan from my parents, or they will co-sign to finance from a dealership or something. so they wont let me do it untill that time, so i will have only 2 months left of school before i work full time and make lots of money.

and this will all depend when i sell my car. i just recently bought one last week, it needs alot of mechanical work. i plan on fixing the problems and selling it for a fairly good profit (wish me luck)

i was thinking the same thing murph, i've been going to alot of forums and like everyone is talking about trader/selling their current model for the latest and greatest 03 model. just here in kelowna the bike dealerships are hurtin, and i can't get deals if i pay in cash (so i am told by someone who works at a dealership).

there are only 2 dealerships i am aware of. a yamaha one, and a suzukie/kawi. the super bikes these places have are very limited.. maybe 5-6 in total, and only 2 are used, the rest are brand new. and for the last few months there have been no superbikes for sale in the paper. so i am pretty stuck here in kelowna. hopefully come spring time, there will be alot to look for.

but would $9, 000 be enough to get myself a nice, low km, mint 2001/2002 600cc superbike?

thanks for all the input fellas

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    $9K should be enough...at least for a ZX-6R or GSX-R. The Hondas and Yammies tend to go for a little more, but I don't think it would be too difficult finding a 2001 for $9,000.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

It was worth the wait Array Teknic's Avatar
    Bike
    None.
    Im in the same boat as R6 Jono, and I was going to wait till spring to buy my 01 GSXR6 but, from what Im hearing here it might be better to buy it around christmas. The only thing is that I thought the 01, 02's would be selling cheap because of the new 03s coming out???? Any recommendations here? I have the money now or later so it wouldnt really matter.

Thanks

KO7
    Honda Centre in Burnaby has their '02 F4i's listed at $8999

damn I wish they sold them at that price in the summer when I was bike shopping.
    Last edited by KO7; 11-14-2002 at 08:23 PM.

It was worth the wait Array Teknic's Avatar
    Bike
    None.
    Yah...but who wants a HONDA??? joking joking....nice bike but dont like..

Bike
    750, 600, 400
    I'm happy with the F4 and they go for fairly cheap if you can find one

Registered User Array KawasakiCutekid's Avatar
    Bike
    OH YEAH!
    yeah, end of season is the best time to buy.......but if you have no fund.......nothing you can do about it.......try to do the deposit and buy in couple months......I'm sure if ur deposit is big enough some private sale might even do it.
    BCSB # 908