April 25th Sale on Garmin 2610's $265 US

Thread: April 25th Sale on Garmin 2610's $265 US

Bike
    Motorcycle

April 25th Sale on Garmin 2610's $265 US

It appears that some more reconditioned 2610's are available

http://www.edgegps.com/eCart/viewIte...?idProduct=263
    BCSB had mountains of experience with a lot of things. #1 on that list is pouring out bullshit to dumb questions by the Gigabyte. (TripleTime, 12-10-2014 03:19 PM)

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2007 BMW G650X-Challenge
    Nice. I just picked up a used one from a member on www.st-owners.com. Cost me $250 USD with the permanent car kit, motorcycle kit, and rental car kit.

It is a nice unit, but I could see upgrading to a 28xx model or a Zumo 550 in a year or 2 so that I can have a built-in MP3 player, elevation readings, and XM radio.

...everyday I get closer to just buying a Wing....
    Dan
    2007 BMW G650X Challenge

User And Abuser Array alternateimpact's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 CBR 600 F4i
    Is this a good GPS system in everyones opinion? I am looking to get one that I can easily take from the truck to the bike, and into my back pack. I dont care wether or not its blue toothe compatible, plays mp3's or wahtever else are the newest features they can come with. as long as it does all the things it should do.

Bike
    2007 BMW G650X-Challenge
    It won't run on batteries if you are looking for a protable unit and is about 3 years old features wise, but as long as you have updated maps (which you can get from Garmin) you will be fine.

If it comes with Mapsource v8, you will be good for maps for quite a while. You can upgrade to a 2GB compact flash card to hold all of North America, but my 1GB card holds all of Canada and all the USA from the Dakotas West.
    Dan
    2007 BMW G650X Challenge

Bike
    Motorcycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bora20 View Post
    ...everyday I get closer to just buying a Wing....
    OF course you do.....

....just visualize Kate on the back snuggled into that big comfy passenger seat....
    BCSB had mountains of experience with a lot of things. #1 on that list is pouring out bullshit to dumb questions by the Gigabyte. (TripleTime, 12-10-2014 03:19 PM)

Bike
    Motorcycle
    Quote Originally Posted by alternateimpact View Post
    Is this a good GPS system in everyones opinion? I am looking to get one that I can easily take from the truck to the bike, and into my back pack. I dont care wether or not its blue toothe compatible, plays mp3's or wahtever else are the newest features they can come with. as long as it does all the things it should do.
    Well I used mine in the 2005 Iron Butt Rally and have 80,000 km on it and it is fine, I bought one last year (a second one) for my wife's bike

I now run mine as a backup unit on the wing and have a 2810 as my main unit. A 2610 with a 2 gig card it is more than enough GPS for almost everyone .

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
    Hey Bill, is your GW red? Did I see you at Deeley's demo ride? If so, I was checking out your bike and chatting to your wife?

Bike
    Honda. Still. Again.
    Hey Bill, is your GW red?
    <GASP!>

There is only *one* Gold Wing colour.
    Flare Red.
    A colour so devious, so impervious to police, so environmentally incorrect to produce, so visible to other motorists, that Honda discontinued manufacturing it.......
    There are 3 pristine Flare Red Gold Wings in my immediate circle of friends. Bill's, Rick's in Nelson BC, and my own Weapon of Mass Mileage Destruction.

Some wag I know bought a blue one, and while the colour is nice, for an Accord, it just doesn't have the panache of a road weary, highway detritus covered, Flare Red Gold Wing with the fine patina of 10,000 miles of neglect to the exterior surfaces.
    I've seen Bill's bike recently. I know that while the interior parts are swimming in fresh lubricants, the exterior is an exercise in etiological archeology. There are dessicated insects on there that I'm sure have already become extinct.
    Bill! Break out a sponge!

Bike
    Motorcycle
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    <GASP!>

Flare Red.
    A colour so devious, so impervious to police, so environmentally incorrect to produce, so visible to other motorists, that Honda discontinued manufacturing it.......
    Michael you forgot to mention the colour was /is so odious that Honda gave a $1500 direct to dealer rebate that we managed to get knocked off the already terrific price.

THe buying Story December 2004 (snowy and cold) 2005 Wings in the shop

Bill negotiating his bike deal...hmm that seems pretty good can I borrow your phone

Dealer Sure (looking Puzzled)

Bill on Phone to Michael blah blah blah

Bill to Dealer Do you have any more of these FLare Red Wings at this price?

Dealer Yes one still in the crate, Why?

Bill handing Phone to Dealer

Michael, Hi My name is Michael and here is my visa number

Note to readers Michael and I both bought the 7 year unlimited mileage warranty

Bike
    Motorcycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Locksmith View Post
    Hey Bill, is your GW red? Did I see you at Deeley's demo ride? If so, I was checking out your bike and chatting to your wife?
    Yes, And you were well dressed in Hi Viz Yellow

Supporting Sponsor/Vendor Array BooBoo11's Avatar
    Bike
    1994 Kawasaki Concours
    Quote Originally Posted by alternateimpact View Post

I spoke to Andrew and he's got this unit and although he likes it he compares it like a brick compares to my Quest which I find to be great. Small nice screen, car to truck to back pack includes elevation but it does not have detailed out back maps included and I would doubt this unit does either. Here's a pick of the quest. So to recap...in my opinion the nice thing about the quest is its size usability and the fact its totally waterproof. The 2610 probably actually has a nicer screen from the looks of things, it is however considerably bigger. But this price looks really attractive.

My 2 cents
    Last edited by BooBoo11; 04-26-2007 at 12:56 PM.

Bike
    Motorcycle
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo11 View Post
    .......the nice thing about the quest is its size usability and the fact its totally waterproof. The 2610 probably actually has a nicer screen from the looks of things, it is however considerably bigger. But this price looks really attractive.
    The 2610 is also waterproof. I don't think you can beat it for the price (hence my post)

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
    Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    Yes, And you were well dressed in Hi Viz Yellow
    Yellow? Not likely! Jeans and a black Joe Rocket jacket!

Bike
    2007 BMW G650X-Challenge
    I am wiring mine up tonight, right between my bar mounted mp3 player and the GMRS/FRS bar mounted radio.

I don't have anywhere for my coffee cup holder though

Long live RAM Mounts!
    Dan
    2007 BMW G650X Challenge

Supporting Sponsor/Vendor Array BooBoo11's Avatar
    Bike
    1994 Kawasaki Concours
    There are 2 types of bikes and I'm not sure where mine comes in but one is a shiny nice looking bike and the other is covered in bugs and crap and proves that the owner acutally rides the bike....

Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    <GASP!>

Flare Red.
    There are 3 pristine Flare Red Gold Wings in my immediate circle of friends. Bill's, Rick's in Nelson BC, and my own Weapon of Mass Mileage Destruction.

Some wag I know bought a blue one, and while the colour is nice, for an Accord, it just doesn't have the panache of a road weary, highway detritus covered, Flare Red Gold Wing with the fine patina of 10,000 miles of neglect to the exterior surfaces.
    I've seen Bill's bike recently. I know that while the interior parts are swimming in fresh lubricants, the exterior is an exercise in etiological archeology. There are dessicated insects on there that I'm sure have already become extinct.
    Bill! Break out a sponge!