Bought a 06 KX450F

Thread: Bought a 06 KX450F

Slider_33

Bought a 06 KX450F

Just bought myself a kx450f and was wondering what oils I should run in that bad boy. I am thinking of running the Maximum4 10w 40 but wasn't sure what to use as tranny oil?? I will post pics when I snap some

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Dubbin Array
    Bike
    Looking for one
    im guessing its similiar to my 07 crf250r i run the maximum4 10w40 for engine oil but for my tranny oil the manual says to use to the same as the engine oil but i switched it to the 80 stuff lasts alot longer runs ohhhh soooo smoooth. hope that helps in the slightest hahaha

Slider_33
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmond69er View Post
    im guessing its similiar to my 07 crf250r i run the maximum4 10w40 for engine oil but for my tranny oil the manual says to use to the same as the engine oil but i switched it to the 80 stuff lasts alot longer runs ohhhh soooo smoooth. hope that helps in the slightest hahaha
    I was running the 80w in my trany on my 250 2stroke so I was wondering if it would be the same as I am waitning on my service manual. Thanks for your help.

Bike
    crf250r
    i dont think the kawis have 2 seperates for engine and tranny.the crf's i run the 80wt in gearbox and motul 300v in engine.

Bike
    Some kawi's
    Besides the oil,,,,,,,Does the mutha haul?

Kayden07
    use kawasaki's 20w50 in it, i work at kawasaki and that what we're useing in them. as for tranny oil j1k is right there is no tranny oil just the motor oil. good luck and congrats on the new bike have fun

Slider_33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayden07 View Post
    use kawasaki's 20w50 in it, i work at kawasaki and that what we're useing in them. as for tranny oil j1k is right there is no tranny oil just the motor oil. good luck and congrats on the new bike have fun
    This thing is an absolute beast and I noticed after I posted that it is only one oil. I will buy some of the 20W50 stuff after I used the 10W40 Maximum stuff I bought is gone. I love this bike. I came off of a KX250 2stroke and now I am in udder aww of the power it is unreal. thanks for everyones help