Installing a new clutch

Thread: Installing a new clutch

Registered User Array
    2005 GSX-R600

Installing a new clutch

I am thinking of installing a clutch in a '93 600 shadow vlx, but I would like some advise first. First off how difficult is it to install a new clutch?? I have done it in my trucks before but looking at all those plates for a bike I am a little worried. Second how expensive is it to get a shop to do it?? Is it even worth my time?? I looked up the clutch at and it said that the clutch kit was only $54.95, does that sound about right?? Also are there any good manuals or directions anywhere that would help me along the way. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements

2011 VStrom 650, 1983 KZ750, 2006 WR450, and any racebike I can get my hands on!!
    If you don't have an 3/4" air impact, forget it.
    It isn't that hard, but it's easy to screw up!
    Most places charge 1 and 1/2 hours. Maybe only 1 hour. You'll take half a day, at least.
    Is the kit any good? Are you selling it, or keeping it for a few years (Honda clutches are better quality, you get what you pay for).
    Clymber and Haynes Manuals are okay.
    chicken strips are a sign of intelligence
    unless you're at the track ;)
    DO IT!

I had my hydraulic clutch all apart and back together on my bike...I had no problems, pretty simple stuff really... I wont try to explain though because it was a while ago and I didnt really know what I was doing lol.

Click the link it my signature for some pictures of the clutch all apart.