What's the fascination with tipping a bike?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the fascination with tipping a bike?

Vicious Little Tree Rat Array squirly's Avatar

Angry What's the fascination with tipping a bike?

After work yesterday morning, a colleague informed me that he saw my bike tipped over and lying on its right side. Apparently, it had knocked over the bike next to it as well - a Honda Shadow. I find the left mirror broken off, and a nice big scratch on the tank and plastic fairing cover. Also, there are a few new scratches on the right fairing, and the connector pipe is dented.

Why do people so these things? It wasn't hit by a car, so I am certain that some idiot thought it would be funny to do this. I was almost in tears. I was angry and very sad. I wanted to rip somebody's head off, and yet I was too choked up to do much of anything. I don't think I've ever done anything that mean to deserve this. I am just not that kind of person. Now, I am out $300 for my deductible that I cannot afford, not to mention the total inconvenience of not having any other transportation to go to work and back. What really makes me sad is that now I can't afford to buy good presents for people I care about this Christmas.

I sure hope that someday that guy will realise what an idiotic thing he did, and somebody kicks him so hard in the nuts that his eyeballs bleed.

Good Luck and Godspeed!

2. Remove Advertisements

it's really unfortunate that this happened to you.it is always one of my fears parking the bike somewhere unfamiliar.bikes are just so vulnerable to things like this,i guess it's the equivelent of badly keying a car,someone got jealous and figured they would make it less appealing.hope what goes around comes back around on this guy!
    Last edited by blade929boy; 11-15-2002 at 09:12 AM.

sumfing nekkid
    raging teenagers with no sense of responsibilty and no respect for someone else and/or someone elses property. That, and the f*ckers are jealous. Go hang out in Newton after 7pm....see how the kids entertain themselves nowaday....dumbasses .

Not saying it was a kid, but if you weren't taught right as a kid, you won't be right as an adult.
    Ride in peace my friends...

Being a road crayon sucks....put your gear between you and the pavement.

WTD: Hot girls with low morals. Own transportation a plus. Sufferers of yellow fever considered first. PM/email me for details.

I feel for ya Eug, thats crap. Let me know if ya need anything.

builder of bikes Array cosworth's Avatar
    The Island
    The three rules come to mind AGAIN:

Dont mess with another man's vehicle
    Dont mess with another man's toolbox
    Dont mess with another man's woman

Break one of these rules and you are fair game.

"If I ever find the fucker that keyed my Malibu..." - Vincent Vega

Registered User Array Miteorite's Avatar
    Richmond, BC
    Shitty deal man.
    Let Karma deal with that..

Sorry, Eug. That's a sh!tty deal.

I suspect drunk punks leaving Pit Night.... jealous haters.

Registered User Array KawasakiCutekid's Avatar
    On the road
    OH YEAH!
    Sorry to hear what happen with your ride, Eug!
    I hate those punk that goes around creating damage to others ride....
    I worry about my ride too....
    BCSB # 908

Registered User Array
    Lower Mainland
    Eugene, I'm so sorry to hear about your bike. One of the previous comments addresses the problem. Kids are not taught respect for other people's property. This has not been your year, luckily it is almost over! Check with Marbod at Mspeed and see if he can help you out with some good, used parts. Chin up, 2003 is just aroud the corner. Debbie

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    Sorry dude.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

damm, sorry to hear that.. worst part I find is that you have to fork over your hard earned dough for someone elses wrong doing
    Well, I believe in 'what goes around comes around' and the whole treating others as you wish to be treated so one day you might just get your chance to boot their nads and hopefully they can't have any children afterwards

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    השטן שב
    prolly shouldn't admit this - but I've tipped other peoples bikes over before.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

97 Blade

'NUFF SED!!

750, 600, 400
    Originally posted by atomlowe
    Go hang out in Newton after 7pm....see how the kids entertain themselves nowaday....dumbasses
    I have to live there...

A couple of Suzukis
    Eugene, that totally sucks dude. Really sorry to hear that...and your bike is only a few months old.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you