BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Axle nut torque specs?

648 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kismet 
#1 ·
I just a little up close and personal maintainence on my f4i, as I do periodically...oil change, chain cleaning, chain tension etc...anyways I noticed that the torque to loosen the axle nut was really high. It took a lot of force to lossen that thing, which got me wondering. the last time it was torqued it was done by a shop following a tire repair. Do shops actually follow the torque recomondations, or just reef on that shit till they think its tight? I torque it to 69 ft-pounds according to the shop manual, and have never had a nut back off and wheel and chain slack increase. Do shops know something I dont?

#3 ·
I have had the axle nut on my R6 back off after torqued to factory service manual specification. Kinda creepy when you go to adjust your chain and the axle nut turns off without resistance.. with your hand. Now I torque it to their spec, and then some. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.