BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

CBR125R review

10K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Tengu 
#1 ·
Took the 2007 CBR125r out for a spin earlier. Great little bike, especially for the market. Nice and easy to ride, and it's actually quite fast for a 125. Gearing is obviously quite short, but it's not as bad as the first 125 bike i had. For the size of it, I'd say they got the gearing almost spot on. It gets to 70kph very easily, and 100 doesn't take that much longer. Getting past the 100 takes some time and effort though, and i only got her up to 115. 120 would have come with some longer road. Interesting how they've got the speedo showing 200kph ......

Handing was nice, easy, and stable as well, and very flickable when you want it to be. I didn't get to do any long fast sweepers, but when flicking it round the 90 degree intersection corners there seems to be a lot of grip from the little tires, and it's very confidence inspiring. I'm going to take it out again for some faster corners, to see how it handles higher speed stuff. I don't really doubt it'll do it very nicely

Brakes have been setup with the new rider in mind - there's enough force in the brakes for a fast stop when needed, but there's not enough there that a new rider might panic grab the front and lock it up easily. The bike will stoppie if you get your weight over the front though :) The brake lever is non-adjustable, and although i don't like being able to pull the lever back very far, i didn't find this a problem at all on the bike, and again for the new rider it's a perfect setup.

Overall, it's a very forgiving, yet sporty little 125. If all you do is urban-suburban riding, this would be an excellent first bike, and definatly a good stepping stone onto something larger at a later date.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah sweet price on it too: $3399 + PDI + taxes for just the bike, or you can upgrade to a three-year extended warranty, 24 hour roadside assistance, a jacket, boots, pants, and gloves for $4105 + PDI + taxes. Knocks a hole out of five large but for a starter bike it's perfect.

#4 ·
That's it. The stats are something like 3000 people a year getting a bike licence, but only 900 or so actually getting a bike. A lot of newbies can be put off very easily buy having to spend 10000 or more on a new bike, plus gear, plus insurance etc. It's a good way to ease people into the sport.

#8 ·
Honda makes good bikes but they don't know how to make signal lights...the lights are huge. I know the NA rules require bigger signal light but that is ridiculous. Honda should be doing what other makers are doing a find a better looking (smaller) signal lights.

#11 ·
hey, im getting lessons soon at pacific riding school, and soon after i wish to buy a bike, this is what im probably going to get settled into, judging by the ride and the power though, could it suit my girlfriend if i ever wanted to go for a ride into north van? im cursious if that motor could get 2 people up to 80kmh, our combined weight would be about 320

#21 ·
I test rode the 125 r too. Nice little bike. Very light (which is a good thing). Excellent brakes. Powerwise.. it's not all there. An old volvo can probably beat you to any speed. However, the bike's contruction is good. Gears shift lightly and solidly. (they say a race exhaust makes a difference in the power).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.