Good price?

Thread: Good price?

Question Good price?

I just wanted a little feedback from you guys about a bike I am thinkin of gettin for my GF, its a 1996 Kawi Ninja 500, 7,000km absolutely mint, never dropped, runs nice,.. the guys is asking $4,500 obo for it. Now I have never owned anything other than a honda for bikes, so I am curious first of all if this sounds reasonable, I went threw the buy and sell and it seems fair,.. also i am wondering what kawi's are like for reliability and cost to fix,..
    Any info would be moocho apreciated..

2. Remove Advertisements

now in riding hell... AKA Calgary
    '07 Aprilia RSV1000R
    sounds reasonable, but hey what the hell do i know

sounds reasonable to me, given the low kms and condition. Kawis are very reliable, especially a model like the ex500 'cause it hasn't really changed in years. This makes parts readily available, and since it is not a full fairinged bike, beginner parking lot drops and what not will not cost an arm and a leg to fix. A 500 will have enough power to keep up to bigger bikes on group rides so a beginning rider won't feel too left behind if they don't want to be. A brand new Ex 500 is about $7000 or so? (If i remeber correctly)
    so $4500 is pretty good, i would say.

Oh, and another point on servicing the bike, if you are planning to take the bike to a dealership for its maintenance, you'll save a bit because the technicians won't be charging you labour for having to remove the fairings every time!

Thanks alot for the info,.. i am gonna take it to a mech. this weekend to give it a good look over,.. if it checks out i'll pick it up for my gf,... then maybe she will get off my back about spending 10g on my 929.. hehe

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Those are great bikes for a first timer. Just make sure she keeps the rpms in the lower half for learning. It's still a 500 and when the revs get up it has plenty of pep to keep her entertained for a few years.

With some suspension mods and good tires it's also a great handling bike that will let her corner at whatever angle she's brave enough to try.

And it's a Kawi, unless she drives it into a tree it's not gonna break as long as it gets any kind of care at all.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.