Gold River Ride Report

Thread: Gold River Ride Report

Registered User Array clickarmy's Avatar
    01 f4i

Smile Gold River Ride Report

On may 5th/6th I rode to gold river on the island. On the way there I took the oceanside route from parksville to campbell river, which is slower but a bit more interesting than the island highway.

Highway 28 from campbell river to gold river is amazing. Plenty of twisties and beautiful scenery. Only disapointment was the weather/wet road. Pavement could be a bit better in some spots but is really not and issue.

Stayed at the Gold River Chalet( , which was relatively cheap($69 + tax, includes continental breakfast), clean, and the staff were friendly.

Ate and watched the de la hoya/mayweather fight at the Ridge Pub just a couple blocks from the hotel. The food was surpisingly good.

Sunday morning drove down to the ocean(14 km) and explored a bit.

This ride could be done in one day, but doing a weekend trip allows for a relaxed pace and some time to take in the scenery.

Highway 28 is one of the best I've ridden so far (my 2nd season), and I will definitley be heading out there again when the weather gets a bit nicer.

Overall Rating: 8.5/10
    Reasons: Shitty weather, other than that no complaints

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array counter_strike's Avatar
    R6 and VFR
    thanks for the report and photo

sssshhhhhhhh...*clamps hand over your mouth*

Way to go, now everyone will want to ride up here...

2004 Honda VTR1000F
    I did a Gold River ride last spring with a group of about 40 bikes out of Vancouver.

On day two some of us went to Victoria via Mount Washington. The road up to Mount Washington is probably the best kept secret on Vancouver Island. It is recently paved with two to three lanes, great visibility, nice corners, no traffic and no police. Easy 220+ road all the way. It's definitely worth an hour detour and highly recommended.