Attention Honda 954 Owners!!! Recall

Thread: Attention Honda 954 Owners!!! Recall

Bike
    2000 R6 RaceBike..

Attention Honda 954 Owners!!! Recall

Hi there, though i would normally let all hondas die miserable deaths on the side of the road or in the ditch...hehe boone..i came across this article blurb in my motorcylcist subscription.

Reads as this : 954 Owners should know that honda is conducting a "product update" on its litre class weapon. The campaign is to replace the bikes steering-stem components, which will reportedlyresult in "enhanced handling during highspeed use such as close circut competition" because this is not a mandatory safety recall, owners are not being forced to their local dealers. However, this update will be preformed at NO COST and is only valid until june 3, 2004 at which time steering stem components on non-serviced bikes will turn into a pumpkin...

Any ways, i just though it was a small article that needed more attention. So if you curious phone your dealer. Hondas need all the help they can get.. im just trying to increase the compitition as im getting bored killin gixxers and ugly green snot rockets...

I am not a mechanic and don't know any more than this article says so phone the dealers

PEACE
    Life is like a beautiful woman, you just thinks its a bitch cuz it wont give you any.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Emtarkanderundrsgunderson Array Boone's Avatar
    Bike
    '01 CBR929RR
    I'm going in to get my tires rotated so I'll ask them about this right away.
    Do kindly reply back if you are interested and as you do you will be glad you do, you can reach us through our email address David Boone

blade929boy
    boone,don't worry it's only the 954.it slows the steering a bit as it has a tendency to headshake.they replace the steering head bearings with stickier bearings(more friction)to work as a kind of "steering damper" to make the front end less lively.

Converted Array
    Bike
    Was 954, now SP2 :)
    Thanks for the post Yamaholic. I did receive a mail from Honda
    regarding this campaign. I intend to have it done next season
    as it wasn't a huge concern for me since I don't really race.
    European mags says it did not do anything at all though. They also showed the bearing housing full of metal shavings after the
    bike was used at high speeds... don't quite know how they
    did that but it seems more like it's a design fault to me.

dazed
    boone there have been recall on some 929 clutches so check your vin with rmd motorsports........

Emtarkanderundrsgunderson Array Boone's Avatar
    Bike
    '01 CBR929RR
    I only picked up the 929 brand new a few months ago, I'd hope they'd have done any recalls while they still had it sitting in the factory/warehouse?

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll check it out to make sure.
    Do kindly reply back if you are interested and as you do you will be glad you do, you can reach us through our email address David Boone

blade929boy
    ya boone,if you check fireblades.org or rrzone they tell you where to look for punch marks.i forget exactly where,but the dealers are supposed to put punch marks on the frame for the recalls.there was a second one too,i think it was a longer fuel line or something.might want to check it out.