Braided Steel Lines

Thread: Braided Steel Lines

Braided Steel Lines

Hello All,

I have a '02 Zx-6r and I'm wondering how hard is it to replace the factory rubber brake lines and go with braided steel ones ? Is there a brand people recommend ? Where would on e go to buy them, assuming it's easy to replace yourself. I am no mechanic that's for sure. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements

New chain...Soo smooth... Array Black Sunshine's Avatar
    Replacing the lines is easy, but bleeding them correctly can take some more time. Any of the mainstream brands are fine - Goodridge, HEL, EBC, Russell, etc.

You may need to get a mechanically adept friend to help you out, but it is also something that you can learn pretty quick if you are so inclined.

Let us know, there are lots of helpful people on this forum.
    Tune-up Tip: If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you must have an electrical problem.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Swapping the lines requires doing a full on bleeding job. If you've never done that sort of stuff before it can be a little difficult. Do a search in the tech forum here with the keyword "bleeding" and if you don't understand the procedures and hints in them then have a shop do the work.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.