Looking for a pro handyman

Thread: Looking for a pro handyman

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Lynn Valley represent WHAT?
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle

Looking for a pro handyman

We're in need of a professional handyman to help us with some installs on our new home.

Duties include hanging venetian blinds, wall mounts for TVs, installing a cat door... stuff like that. Probably a day's work for someone proficient.

Please, no Red Green duct tape heroes.

Happy to pay for good work.

Please PM me if you have any suggestions.
    My bike is so much faster than yours that I dare you to ride it, you lame little turd. Do you have the balls to ride this BOTTOMLESS PIT OF TORQUE?

~Hunter S. Thompson

Registered User Array Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Suzuki Bandit
    Check the back of the North Shore News, there's usually a bunch of ads there.

The better guys are booked in advanced, I always found the trades I needed to wait a few weeks for were the good ones, compared to the ones that said they could be there in 10 minutes.

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.
    Thanks for the post, Adam. I'll hang out here for a while and wait for replies as I just bought a place and I'll be:

- laying new hardwood floor throughout
    - gutting & refurbishing the bathroom
    - gutting & refurbishing the kitchen
    - replacing all base-board water heaters
    - other upgrades such as crown moldings, etc.

The 'catch': in saying "I'm" doing this, I mean: [] I need skilled [and licensed/insured] contractors to do the work for me. Already found a plumber, and someone to do the woodwork as well as an electrician... now I just need someone to gutt the bathroom (tiles & flooring) in sync with the plumber's work. So... if anyone knows somebody who can help Adam, can they widen their list of suggestions to include a tiling expert as well? Thanks...

Carry on... Don't mean to hi-jack yer thread, Adam. Sounds like ya got yerself a nice place... VS a 'fixer upper' (clearly I'm in the wrong biz... ) But you have first crack at the handyman [or handywoman].

Last edited by SkipTkt; 05-20-2007 at 08:40 PM.
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.