Dominican must sees???

Thread: Dominican must sees???

No the pic is not me Array snowshark84's Avatar
    Bike
    gsxr 750

Dominican must sees???

I'm going to the Dominican Republic in a few weeks, more specifically Punta Cana. Anyone ever been? Any must do's while I'm there?
    Next time you're having a bad day think about this... You and your brother are conjoined twins, he is gay you are not. He has a date coming over in an hour and you share one ass.

Bike
    Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Get drugged up and have a kidney removed.
    -
    -
    Current:Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Previous:69 Triumph 500, 71 BSA lightning, 73 Triumph Trident, Yamaha DT125, 85 Honda Nighthawk, 88 Harley Sportster, CB 900...hmm I think thats it

Bike
    Honda. Still. Again.
    Do:
    Pass on the Brugal rum factory tour. (it's very nice, however, the prices at their gift shop are not better than "in town.")

Bring back your limit on Brugal rum, the "extra old." Even if you are not a rum drinker (as I am) you'll appreciate its smooth.

Stuff your suitcase with Santo Domingo coffee. After one taste (it's a particularly good breakfast blend) you're gonna slap a Charbucks barista in the mouth.

Be prudent about your tipping. Determine which bartender/server you believe is going to be your friend. Tip them well, early on. The service is outstanding.

Bring ear plugs. It's a long flight, and a family destination. (translation: people bring their kids)Bring extra's, you'll be offered $20 for a pair, as I was.

Don't:

Drink the water.

Wear a watch. (yer on vacation fer cryin' out loud. If they're serving food, eat. If it's dark, and your tired, sleep.) You don't need it there.

Go swimming if it's a "red flag," day on the beach. They know what they're talking about, and the north side of the island is notorious for sneaky under tow and drowning noob tourists.

Was in the Dominican last year, would happily do it again.

Bike
    gsxr 750
    Thanks Michael that is the exact type of advice I am looking for.
    Next time you're having a bad day think about this... You and your brother are conjoined twins, he is gay you are not. He has a date coming over in an hour and you share one ass.

Bike
    gsxr 750
    Quote Originally Posted by psyclone View Post
    Get drugged up and have a kidney removed.
    Just say no to drugs, mmmmkay. I don't do drugs, don't leave my drink unattended, and have been hit too many times in the kidneys for them to be worth anything.... Thanks for the advice though.

Bike
    '05 FZ6
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxstar View Post
    If you hear about a bunch of drunk pharmacy students from Vancouver, come say hi.
    hmm...I know a UBC pharmacy student who is going there this summer. Can't remember exactly when though.