Camping around Vancouver??

Thread: Camping around Vancouver??

Still defying gravity... Array Thumper 8's Avatar
    Bike
    3 and 6 cylinders of fury

Camping around Vancouver??

So, I have got 2 sets of US visitors coming up this summer on their bikes, and they plan on camping whenever possible. They asked me see if there are any safe and clean campgrounds around Vancouver. I couldn't think of any - I searched this site, plus a couple of others and Google and came up with the only campground that I could find that allows tents:

http://vancouver.travel.bc.ca/listin...-of--bc/21917/

So, does anyone out there know of any local campgrounds?? I know with our real estate prices, using valuable land as a campground is a lousy investment and that explains why there are so few around. And before anyone asks, I am not being anti-social or a poor host - my place is too small to put up 4 visitors at a time

I have already sent my friends info re: local Bed and Breakfasts, which they will probably do if no suitable campgrounds are available.

But before they book a B & B, are there any campgrounds in or around Vancouver worth considering?

aka Tony

My WMRC/Pitt Meadows and other bike photos are at Thumphoto.com - follow on Twitter and connect on Facebook

Registered User Array SizzleChest's Avatar
    Bike
    Last edited by SizzleChest; 05-25-2007 at 05:05 PM.
    *** Do not buy from MarcLapierre. see why ***

I'm a she-male. Array integra298's Avatar
    Bike
    Scooty Puff Junior.

Wink

Are they camping while they're here the whole time or just staying with you and camping some of the time? How far do you want to go? Golden Ears is nice.

I've got a cabin up in Hope. (=

-teg-

Hello? Anyone still out there? d:

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by integra298 View Post
    Are they camping while they're here the whole time or just staying with you and camping some of the time? How far do you want to go? Golden Ears is nice.

I've got a cabin up in Hope. (=
    Sizzle, thanks for the link - I didn't search through Telus - better results than Google.

They are passing through Vancouver on the way to the interior - looking to stay in the lower Mainland for a couple of days and want to be as close to downtown as possible. Personally, I am recommending B & B's but I thought I would check what is available for camping.

Thanks.

aka Tony

My WMRC/Pitt Meadows and other bike photos are at Thumphoto.com - follow on Twitter and connect on Facebook

Bike
    Bobber
    pidgen park
    Smile , it makes ppl wonder what you're up to :D

Bike
    Inbetween bikes now. Thanks for bringing up bad feelings.
    The huge trees in QE Park use to house some homeless people. Construction in the area most likely forced them out.

Seriously though, if they want to stay close to downtown then camping would be out. B&B is a good idea. The Jericho hostel is Ok too.
    Life is an STD with no cure and 100% fatality rate.

Bike
    Old Honda and an older Duc.
    There is camping right by the north end of the Lions Gate bridge. By the Mall.
    Can't get much closer to downtown.

What we play is life. Array RiceRocket's Avatar
    Bike
    '02 Honda VFR
    Tony, try http://www.camping.bc.ca/

When I did a search the only location within Lower Mainland with campground was Burnaby Cariboo RV Park

Bike
    Thanks everyone for the replies.

I have forwarded this thread and links to any recommended campsites to my friends, and they have decided to go the B & B route. They have already tracked down a couple of B & B's that are "bike friendly' and have secure parking for the bikes... and the prices are evidently very reasonable and locations so far are evidently near City Hall and in Kits.

Thanks again for all the feedback

aka Tony