1980 GS850 for sale.

Thread: 1980 GS850 for sale.

Registered User Array
    1974 RD 200

1980 GS850 for sale.

I have a 1980 Suzuki GS850 that I want to sell. There is no title, as I got it as part of an estate sale, and the title did not come with it, but I did have the VIN# checked, and it came up clean. Complete next to the indicator lights, tach cable, side panels and OEM starter solenoid (I have rigged a ford solenoid in there for now). The person who last owned the bike told me that the top end (pistons, rings, valves, guides, seals, cam chain) was rebuilt roughly 5000K ago. There is 36 XXX K on the odometer. I got the bike with it not running. I pulled the carbs, and had them cleaned and flowed, due to sitting for a few years. The engine runs great now. Fires up first try every time. After it has warmed up, it revs out completely, no sputtering or bog. Pulls hard through all 6 gears. Shifts fine, no binding, or catching. The clutch does not grab or hang when you come to a stop. All the chrome is in good shape, dirty from sitting, but not pitted at all. The tires both have about 80% left on them. As with the front brake pads and disks, they work fine and have plenty of life with them. The rear brake system is completely frozen. It will need to be gone through if you intend to use it as a bike. I'm looking for $600 OBO.

So there you have it. It is a parts bike. The engine, carbs, and electronics would be perfect for a sand rail / dune buggy, as it does put out near 85 HP.

The quicker this thing goes, the better. I can send pics, and a video of it running upon request.

I'm in Abbotsford.
    Last edited by DefaultPeanut; 06-14-2007 at 07:04 PM.